Installing Custom File Explorer Icons (Windows 10)

In light of me recently creating a few customized Roblox File Icons for Windows 10, it’s been suggested that I also create a walkthrough on how to properly install them, since it can be somewhat of a daunting task if one has never done it before. Lets get started, shall we?

1. Download the Icons

Icons_rblx_3

Using the link provided, you should be brought to a page where you can either choose to download all eight icons in a compressed .zip folder, or each icon individually.

1. Save the Icons in a Secure Spot

ex_2
Extract the icons to a folder that you don’t plan on moving. This is important because if the folder you placed the icons in is moved, all of the icons you set from that folder will default.

1. View Folder Properties

ex_3
Once you have downloaded the Icons and have chosen a folder you want to set the Icon at, you want to right click said folder and head into its properties.

1. Setting the Icon

Once in the folders properties, you want to go to Customize, and from there click on Change Icon, where you can finally set your icon to what you want!

If you continue to run into any problems, or have any general questions, don’t hesitate to PM me and I will try my best to help out. This should cover most of it though!

9 Likes

Wait, so every folder would have 1 set custom icon? Or different types of folders = a custom icon? Nice icons though!

Each folder can be set to whichever icon you want! You can download a variety of different icons online, even create your own if you so choose.

These are a few more icons I created for my own personal use, alongside one of the Roblox ones.

1 Like