Installing Error : An error occurred while starting Roblox Studio, Details: Failed to create directory, error = 3

I am facing this error while starting Roblox Studio

An error occured while starting Roblox Studio, Details: Failed to create directory, error = 3

I have literally tried every solution out there.

• Running as administrator
  • Using default windows troubleshooter
  • Running in compatibility mode
  • Using this command in CMD : ipconfig /flushdns
  • Reinstalling Roblox studio/ player
  • Switching router and wifi connections
  • Disabling all firewalls and File access restrictions
  • Deleting all Roblox files from my system
  • Clearing Registry / HKEY_CURRENTUSER/ Software /RobloxCorporation
  • Even Resetting the pc completely

Nothing worked for me or made even a slight change. This makes me think if the problem is from roblox’s side during the new update they pushed yesterday.

4 Likes

Is Roblox Studio installed on your PC with administrator privileges? If not, make sure it is in the %localappdata% directory.

1 Like

yes I tried installing it with administrator privileges and it still shows the same message. So I uninstalled the current version and then was trying to run the setup file. RobloxStudioLauncherBeta and it shows installing studio and then the same error occurs

2 Likes

This is happening to me too, if I manage to fix it somehow I will reply to this topic

3 Likes

I managed to fix it: press win + R in your keyboard and type %appdata%, after that, go to the appdata folder and then local folder, search for the folder “Roblox” and add a folder named “Downloads” in it.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot mahn! This worked. I thought about this but instantly discarded it I don’t know why. However for me, as I was running with administrator privileges the folder for me to create was -
C:/ProgramData/Roblox/Downloads
and if anyone cannot find the program data folder make sure to check hidden items from the view button > show > hidden items.

6 Likes

I don’t even understand how you managed to figure this out. Anyways, Roblox really needs to fix the issues with their applications.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.