Instead of wave systems, what type of system should be implemented into zombie shooter games?

Most zombie shooter games have ‘waves’ systems. It’s kind overused and boring. Does anyone have any original ideas?

2 Likes

I’d do it so the zombies are the ones that stay in one place, and the player is the one that moves.

1 Like

In most media, zombies travel in hordes so it does make sense that it would be in waves. It really depends on what kind of zombie game you want to make. Is it a defense game? Or is it like a Left 4 Dead campaign where you have to travel to the saferoom and shoot every zombie you see standing around?

1 Like

Yeah, like a zombie shooter campaign game.

If I’m not misunderstanding you wouldn’t this be pretty boring? Where would the challenge be if the zombies didn’t move, it would be like a simulator.

No, they are moving around, but they are in one general zone, and you have to move between the zones.

1 Like

The only other type of system I see is is they never stop coming until the players can either escape, kill all of them, or compleat some sort of mission to somehow remove the zombies.