Interactable Grass Via My Plugin

:seedling: Today I introduced the new Interactive Grass plugin! Achieve springy bouncy grass physics from Unity games with just 2 clicks. Heres the demo video of what it can accomplish.

Ready to experience it yourself? Play it here: Interactive Grass Testing Place.

Get the plugin for your game now: Interactive Grass Plugin.

For more details, check out my developer forum post: Optimized Interactive Grass Plugin.

7 Likes

Show me a 10,000 blades stress test, cool resource btw

2 Likes

Alright, heres 10 thousand grass meshes. Watch Grass Physics 10k Meshes | Streamable I think when the grass is more compact and squished together in one area its more laggy, since lets say theres a 100 meshes in one small area compacted together, like this
this 160 grass meshes, and I did a test and when I go over it itll end up causing a lag spike due to it having to tween 160 meshes at once in all different directions, but when its more spread out, the game can handle it pretty well, so it depends on the mesh of the grass and the amount there is in one place, cause im assuming just grass made out of base parts would be better, and grass made of decals would be even more performant.

1 Like

This interactable grass looks great! Nice job on this plugin!

1 Like

100,000 blades of grass now please

Thank you so much! I’m always looking on feedback to improve this plugin since it doesn’t stand out that much right now.

Alright, I’ll do some tests and send you the results soon.

1 Like

Okay nevermind about that, I don’t know if 100k will work :sweat_smile:

1 Like