Interior Lighting seeping to outside somehow

probably got a stupid easy fix to this but I really got no idea on how to make the lighting NOT go through the parts to the outside, ive adjusted the lighting brighting, range, etc and it just doesnt fix it what so ever

2 Likes

Hey have you by any chance ticked Global Shadows?

This is just a problem with the limited voxels for lighting. What technology are you currently using?

Should you maybe make the walls thicker, cause i’ve seen alot of things like this and it seems to work

Yeah, however disabling the global shadows makes the current lighting for all my buildings look all ugly.
top picture is with global shadows, bottoms without global shadows

this is my other complete store

here just copy this (if you want) to see if it works

1 Like

Try using ShadowMap. That always happen to me… Turning ShadowMap on should fix it.

You can tick the "Shadows’ settings on the light sources. It doesn’t fully stop this, but most of the time it works. Basically, It blocks the light from going through stuff.

1 Like

As I have said, this is just a limited lighting issue. The voxels (The measurements in lighting for Roblox) is very large, so a light may leak out if it is doesn’t have smaller voxels.

Best way is to make sure all lights have lower brightness, and that shadows are enabled.

Voxel works slightly i still see the weird overlapping lighting though, does look better inside tho

1 Like

Another thing, that happened once to me but with the sun light… I think it will work.
Get the wall it make it go through the baseplate.

iirc the Roblox lighting system is voxel based, and as a result of this the walls may be too thin for the voxel system to see. This is because one voxel is 4 x 4 studs, and so a thin wall may be regarded as too insignificant to consider during the render. What you can do to combat this is make the walls thicker.