Exterior light seeping inside, pitch black room

Note: I followed Interior Lighting seeping to outside somehow - #8 by r0bl0xic808 but the answers didn’t resolve the issue.
I tried using shadowmap with globalshadows enabled but light enters the room yet I want the room to be pitch black. The walls and roof are 4 studs wide.

There are many posts about this already, try the search…

Anyway, one work around is putting wedges in the corners.

Yes, but @r0bl0xic808 's settings may not work for your place.
Go into your own Lighting | Roblox Creator Documentation settings and experiment with the Ambient, OutdoorAmbient & ExposureCompensation.
Also if you have your own Brightness cranked up it could still get through the 4 stud walls.
And as stated in other sections of that post, what kind of Lighting Technology are you using? Experiment with the settings in your Property window.

I was wondering if there was a way without a workaround. Roblox’s lighting engine seems very inefficient
even with the recent upgrades if it requires workarounds like this.

I found my own way around it which was to add colour correction and decrease the ‘brightness’ setting to -0.2, that way there’s no tedious additional workarounds by using darker colours, putting wedges in the corners, having to mess around with lighting settings all because Roblox’s lighting engine still isn’t all that efficient.

Read this:

1 Like