Internal Services Are Down; Players Are Already Losing Data & Robux

Reproduction Steps
It just started happening site-wide around an hour ago.

Expected Behavior
Usually internal service outages don’t cause issues like this.

Actual Behavior
There are massive datastore problems right now. User data isn’t loading, I have no idea if it’s even saving properly. This is resulting in several players losing progress and purchases on several games, over the past hour I’ve already gotten several reports about issues and I hope I’m not in-charge of making these refunds myself.

Workaround
None at all, stuff is just down.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Connectivity
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-11-28 03:11:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2021-11-28 00:11:00 (-05:00)

22 Likes

Having the same problem right now but it’s only the data and servers i join are like this

4 Likes

This is happening to me also, almost everything is down, I was playing your game when I experienced this
https://gyazo.com/eba7df48fdde9a05a1d3c3da640481b7
https://gyazo.com/2a4ec21537b4632e4aa90e638af5d1e1

2 Likes

It’s happening for everyone.

If you check the Roblox status, you can see which services are being impacted, and in this case, it’s all of them. You get Error 503. Search bar usage in tabs such as Friends list and in Toolbar in Studio is also not working. Certain games may expect complete data wipes, but I’m pretty sure they can be restored. https://status.roblox.com/

Update

Apparently, not all games are down, however, games are experiencing datastore issues. Hopefully, this will be resolved and no permanent damage will be caused. You can join games, but leader stats show a “-” instead of your proper data. This means it’s probably not loaded or could possibly be reset?

Chat systems are also failing and the friend’s list shows people as “Online” and not “In-game”. I’m pretty sure this has happened for like 30 minutes. image

Searching games via the search bar in the Games tab is not working. It shows the error: “No results found” Anomic, a game that usually has 400-1000 players, has drooped to only 100. I think once you’re in a game like Anomic it’s fine, but if you try to rejoin, you can’t, and it shows the error.

Update 2

The people behind Roblox have applied a potential fix. image

3 Likes

Yeah I know; I just wanted to put out there that there’s massive data losses so when it’s back up staff can help repair the damage lol

As I mentioned, I really don’t want to be in-charge of issuing all these purchases manually xD

2 Likes

Roblox Studio isn’t working either for me, nor much loading into games. Most UI I can’t see however objects in the workspace are visible. Most games are also having just a - in their leaderstats. Hope Roblox fixes this soon.

1 Like

Team create and data stores are not currently working right now.

Error:

Datastore Error::

1 Like

Gamepasses are not working, keeps throwing the error “InternalServerError” in studio when checking if a player has a gamepass.
This needs to be fixed ASAP.

1 Like

Roblox Studio works for me but a bunch of stuff doesn’t work like the toolbox.

1 Like

"No results found

2 Likes

Yeah I am also experiencing this problem to.

1 Like

I’d like to report that something extremely strange has happened during this outage that I cannot file as a standalone bug report unfortunately. If a large amount of messages fail in a row, the chat will start “deleting itself” for lack of a better word. Chat messages will be removed without previous ones being moved down, and it will become impossible to see any chat messages. You cannot scroll up or down; there’s just nothing there.

Bug begins happening at 0:28

My game doesn’t modify the default chat.

5 Likes

Oh boy, I’m moderating a Discord server and I can see more than 20+ reported their data in the game are wiped out. R.I.P.

1 Like

Fully wiped out or just data that is stored when the outage happens?

1 Like

Yeah, Roblox pages take longer to load than usual. Has to do with Roblox partial outage.

1 Like

That’ll depend on how each game handles data individually.

If you run a datastore system that just overwrites old data every save without checking the old data first it’ll be a full wipe per user.

3 Likes

Same, my data got wiped out as well in my own game.

1 Like

Roblox will fully restore everyone’s data, trust me. They never FAILED to restore anyone’s data, ever.

2 Likes

In late October 2020, that outage caused some people to fully lose their data.

Some never got their data back.

1 Like

It seem’s to have a potential fix
https://gyazo.com/7c95924384f0399463b66ab79e323efa

1 Like