International Search Engine Optimization

:skull:

6 Likes

I am referring to the fact that words don’t get translated to an right to left language, I am not saying that right to left languages aren’t supported, I am referring to the fact that they aren’t translated

2 Likes

There’s a flaw: you can’t specify a context for each translation, which means that some translations might be wrong because assuming an wrong context.

This happens often on words whose meanings are completely different.

I’d like if people were able to specify translations or just let them translate the game manually.
Also, automatic translation should be toggleable for each game.

These are my suggestions. :smiley:

2 Likes

This is amazing. Roblox is opening doors to all developers across the world. Hopefully, more languages and countries are added to this. :clap:

Will we get en-us and en-uk support? :crying_cat_face:

6 Likes

And… that’s why localization tables exist

you’ll add :chad:? :poland: :denmark: :cote_divoire:? idk just random flags as far as :brazil:. wait, will you add support for :argentina: :uruguay:?

2 Likes

Cool update! Thanks for keeping us in the loop - will be pushing an update to RoPro to account for this change.

I can’t promise anything, but we would love to support that someday. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Yes, but they don’t automatically get added, There are a ton of Arabic players, and some Arabic games have thousands of players, and roblox only put a little effort to adding support for Arabic, Why would roblox not add support for Arabic if it has more speakers than Russian?

and my game uses a ton of 3D Text, so it will be very complicated to add the translation, also the fact that Arabic letters are connected will make it too complicate to do so since Blender’s Text object doesn’t natively support Arabic

If Roblox ever were to improve localization, please separate region, language, date, and time formatting, and so on. So that I can use the following configuration:

Region: US
Language: US English
Date format: dd/mm/yyyy
Time format: 24 hour
Week starts on: Monday

I deal with too many services that simply do not respect my preferences, and force them based on the region, or language that I have chosen.

5 Likes

Roblox doesn’t really care about the Arab community

1 Like

Hoping that a proper tag search system and search filter system will come, but I’m glad that improvements are being made in that direction.

On another note, I doubt anyone will really need this but this came to mind when seeing country codes again, here’s something that can convert country codes to full length names (although only in English):

1 Like

Awesome Update as always :slight_smile: this will be a big help for alot of games

Wouldn’t a ?l=en or something like that have worked as well?

This is less clean and not really the designed use of query tags, sure it’s technically the same request just throwing a different localization table but for the end user it is more intuitive for it to be a domain path than a query tag. A lot of websites do this exact same thing, putting it like www.somewebsite.com/es/… or sometimes es.somewebsite.com/ rarely. The latter is really only seen if there’s no other subdomains, but Roblox has a lot of subdomains and this may get confusing if they ever branched their localization out for more than just experiences.

Wait, does this mean that people can search for a Roblox game via Google and it will show the game’s About page in Google’s search results? Even when searching for the English version? If so, that’s awesome!!

I ask all this because, when I Google for “willyedison’s microgames”, the name of our game, it does not appear in the results at all. If “off-platform search results” works internationally, shouldn’t it also work for English audiences?

Will there be a list of language path prefixes as Roblox supports these new URLs? As someone who researches and documents Roblox history, having a list of potential URL variations would be very helpful.

1 Like

Many Roblox experiences already show up in Google search results, but it depends on the popularity of the experience.

The change we are launching in March will allow experiences to show up in non-English search results.

For example, if a Spanish user today was to search for minigames in Spanish (mini juegos), they would have trouble finding most Roblox experiences, because the search results would only display English results for roblox.com.

After the update, they should see more relevant search results, and in their preferred language. Many experiences will get this benefit automatically if they enable automatic translation.

It looks like your game already has this enabled - when I view it in Spanish the title is WillyEdison's Microjuegos.

We will be gradually enabling this feature over time, so we won’t support every language out of the box. But you’ll be able to figure out the list by looking at the hreflang attributes in web pages, or by using the language dropdown at the bottom of the page and seeing how the URL gets updated.

3 Likes

Hello creators,

We’ve enabled localized URLs for logged-out users in a few languages (Japanese, German, and Portuguese), meaning that localized search results will start showing up over the next few days.

Let us know if you run into any issues!

2 Likes