Introduce a new category for important devforum member notices from staff

Currently, on the forum, we have the #development-discussion category which is used by people in the Member role+, though important notices by Roblox Staff go unnoticed among the rest of the posts due to users not having notifications on for this category, for the reason of simply so much content that might not interest them. Here are some examples that could be more easily seen if they had been in a Member+ category that only Roblox_Staff can post in that users can optionally turn notifications on in their browser (through the Watching feature of Discourse).

Staff posts in Development Discussion

Summary:

Large amounts of Roblox staff notices aren’t seen because they’re grouped in with Development Discussion. I’m proposing a separate category (or subcategory) where Staff can post where users can turn notifications on to use Discourse’s watch feature to get browser or phone notifications of the posts.

51 Likes

This.

I’ve suggested that staff have a highlighted username, or something to make them stand out, but nobody seemed to agree with me. This is probably the best solution to the issue.

16 Likes

This sounds like a great idea honestly, it makes a lot of sense too.

2 Likes

I support this idea. It makes sense, and it’s dedicated specifically to the information that needs to hit us as devs without getting buried in other development posts.

3 Likes

It took me months to find out posts like these are even made. That just goes to show how invisible they currently are.

I fully support a new subcategory for staff to post these in.

3 Likes

Sorry but i think this is worth a bump :stuck_out_tongue: i honestly think this is something that could really help improve
staff <-> developer communication

So why don’t we have this yet? Full support. Would help to clarify messages meant for the developers and would also allow a better channel of communication between staff and developers.

This would be great to help devs see the new things staff post, easier and make sure we don’t miss anything!

Full support!

Full support. Would really improve the site.

Discussing this idea as a team :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Good.

This category exists now! #development-discussion:engineering-feedback

2 Likes

Great! While it doesn’t address non-engineering related threads (a rename of the category would change this) it covers most threads and is definitely a step in the right direction :smile:

Forgot to mention when it happened but it was changed to #discussion:roblox-surveys which satisfies this.

4 Likes