New Category: Public Collaboration

Hi developers,

When we launched the changes to how collaboration works on the DevForum back in May, we were met with some interesting feedback.

On one hand, some developers wanted to expand the pool of users with whom they could collaborate by having the Collaboration category publicly visible. On the other hand, other developers wanted to keep the Collaboration category private so that they could keep future updates to their games confidential.

We’ve heard both sides and decided:

As such, we’ve created a new category: Public Collaboration. This has all the same subcategories as the private Collaboration category, but allows Developer Forum users to make their portfolios and recruiting advertisements public so that they can share them elsewhere. The pool of potential candidates for you to recruit from just got a lot bigger.

You can get started here: https://devforum.roblox.com/c/public-collaboration

Happy collaborating!
Developer Engagement Team

80 Likes

woh! looks pretty good! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks cool! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s stop. Collaborate and listen, Blox is back with a brand new invention. :ok_hand:

8 Likes

Woohoo! :smile:

1 Like

I really dig these public categories. We’re able to offer more opportunities towards the public and it’s easier for them to have a look through our projects and take offers as they wish, rather than having to do it word-of-mouth or within communities alone (outsourcing?).

It’s like having the “Game Marketing” subforum back. You can hire and people on the DevForum or from the public can go in and take offers. The scope has expanded.

5 Likes

Long awaited! Thanks everyone who made this possible. Expect a lot more developer interaction with the public, and possibly a whole lot better games!

2 Likes

Is public portfolios not visible to the public?

1 Like

Fixed

5 Likes

I like the meme

1 Like

Just to clarify, only new members and existing devforum users can post in this?

1 Like

Correct

1 Like

I think I can take credit for this happening.

3 Likes

How did you only get 1 like for this??

1 Like

No clue

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.