Introducing Archimedes 3 - A building plugin

The Amount property can be uncollapsed to show the maximum value. In this case, since my angle is 10, the amount to create a circle is 36.

You can also just drag the slider to the end to quickly get 36.

2 Likes

Cool thanks!

Another small suggestion, can you make the grey slider rectangle blue? I think it’d be more clear that it can move around like that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this is really cool but i’m trying to turn a track
it shouldn’t go up like this?? like its based off the primary part although thats not something i can just fix for every single track model

2 Likes

I’m not asking you to turn it on, just checking so I can narrow down the issue, but do you have the “Use Pivot” checkbox toggled?

1 Like

This is really nice so far, I love that it uses default Studio UI instead of custom. Also, the auto resize feature is gonna be an absolute lifesaver for what I do mostly (roads)

I did find one bug so far, where if you resize a part, it still acts like the original size no matter what, even if I re-select the part and re-enable the plugin.

Also, it would be nice if the docked mode of the plugin used the old buttons, like the compact mode does. Also, having the new options for auto resize and such in the compact view would also be really nice.

Overall, amazing update! Arc has always been my favorite and most useful plugin and I’m glad its finally getting updates again!

1 Like

thank u so much for this, ur amazing

3 Likes

I’m also experiencing @kinglol123468 problems

1 Like

In most cases; no. However this was a previous feature, and it can come in handy in finer details.

1 Like

Just released a little update that fixes both of these things.

3 Likes

I’ve changed the UI slightly to take advantage of AutomaticSize. This’ll remove the little annoyance of having to scroll whenever the UI contents become too large. Previously, if you were to open up the “Amount” category, a scroll bar would appear and then you’d have to scroll down to hit render. This is no longer the case.

3 Likes

Yes! Is it possible to make it slightly transparent just like the original? Or maybe even themes?

And I thought Archimedes 2 was useful… great work guys!

1 Like

I have probably found a bug.
Everytime i use Z² while the X orentation is not 0, the Z orentation changes even tho i dont want it to change.

Can you please add a button to toggle if the Z orentation should/should’nt change?

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but I found a HUGE bug relating to this. If you select a dummy with Archimedes turned on, it deletes all the Motor6Ds.

1 Like

This is due to a weird studio issue where if someone has join surfaces on and they place a part on the baseplate and then try to arc that part, it’ll cause the whole baseplate to rotate due to the welds connecting the two. As it turns out, A LOT of people seem to build with this setting enabled, as I was getting a flood of reports back in the day when it was first released about Archimedes causing the baseplate to flip. That’s why Archimedes and other similar plugins (AFAIK Ropeater does the same thing) call :BreakJoints() on the selection before trying to arc it. May I ask why you’d be arcing a dummy in the first place? The only way I can think of preventing this issue wouldn’t really be very efficient so I’d prefer to avoid it. Just asking so I know if this is a really common use case that I need to address.

1 Like

Well, it usually auto-enables when you open a place. I usually X it out, but sometimes I select the dummy I was working on and accidentally reset it. It also auto-opens during play test, although I don’t think that has anything to do with it.

Just released a small update. Archimedes will no longer launch in play test mode (unless you launch it manually), and if you’re in ScreenGui mode then it won’t automatically start up when you open studio. It should also no longer break your welds if you do decide that you need to make a weird creepy cult circle of dummies for some reason.

The update’s so small that I’m not bothering to change the version number, so the UI won’t alert you that there’s an update available. You’ll just need to open the Plugin Manager and check for the update there.

Edit: This is unrelated to your issue, @SimonEnderB, just adding on to this post just so that I’m not making a bunch of multiple posts in a row.

This update also makes the preview refresh whenever you’re dragging a model, like Archimedes 2 did. Archimedes 3 is a lot faster than Archimedes 2 though, so it looks a lot better.

For comparison:

4 Likes

Finally, I can make a dummy cult without it breaking.

3 Likes

I’m incredibly happy with this update. Say, @IConsumeCheddar, mind telling me the time? I got a few extra dummies.

3 Likes

Ever since this newer version, I get constant issues :confused: constant bugs I should say

I personally like to click the plugin button to toggle it, so i click to open, click to close, but doing so doesn’t work a lot of the time, and a lot of the time I can never close it, like here. Clicking the x button does nothing too

3 Likes