Introducing Builder Font + Deprecating Gotham and Arial

What do you think of the Builder Font Family?

• Great
  • Good
  • Okay / Moderate
  • Bad
  • Awful

0 voters

3 Likes

its alright, mostly people pick bad because of the initial feedback, i got used to it but it’s still hard to read in most cases but i dont really care for it.

needs better design tho. looks like a hastily designed font

2 Likes

why roblox dont add the ability to add custom fonts? i am arab and i am making a game that target arab but in fonts i dont have much only 5! my choices is so limted and even the 5 dont fit in my game theme but like for english there a lot of choices and some of them fit in my game theme but i dont target english speaker that so sad

3 Likes

Should’ve compared the numbers ‘1’ with Arial and Arimo… hell is that.
Can’t even replace the font, as there’s no way to upload any similar fonts. :-1:

Lmao, hadn’t even checked the difference between Gotham/Montserrat. That’s even more horrid ://

2 Likes

This new change has created the new bug
image image

1. i have got these fonts before the deprecation
1 Like

So a billion-dollar corporation can’t afford to spend what is literal peanuts to them on a font? Got it thank you for your expertise mister fadejop :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

You know, I could develop a mod for third-party bootstrapers such as Roblox Studio Mod Manager and Bloxstrapper to revert the Gotham and Arial fonts.

What’s the point in removing Arial and Gotham? My game has used the Arial font the MOST, that’s not cool at all. Arial and Montserrat are perfectly good fonts, you’ve provided no reason for replacing them, why on EARTH are you replacing them?

1 Like

Please we want them back! My game used those fonts for years and it is unnecessary to remove them, especially when they are the most used on this platform and since they got removed im having a lot of problems. :pensive:

It’s been months now, we still want those two fonts back. Please! Why would roblox do this? There’s NO reason.

There’s no reason for not bringing it back either, it’s not difficult.

It’s a shame that this will be swept under the rug by you guys and you won’t even acknowledge us and what we want.

“not acknowledging us” is wild when you have been given an open source replacement to arial that looks identical

there’s many reasons why it should not be back, clearly none of which you did your research to see

Oh I didn’t know thanks 2jammers.

You are welcome Amritss.

Bro don’t do that okay. Don’t act like that.

Am I the only person that thinks that this font looks so similar lol

Wait. What if someone plays a ROBLOX game with Builder font on YouTube? (They’re probably fine but I may be wrong)

No probably a lot of people think they look similar.

They are very similar and theres no point in using Arial and Gotham over Montserrat and Arimo (Other than the name cuz i prefer the names Arial and Gotham over Arimo) and ROBLOX (probably) wants to save money and I think that’s a good thing they can use that money to get better servers and a lot of ROBLOX players want ROBLOX to get better servers even more than bringing back Arial and Gotham! I do know that the saved money is quite small but if ROBLOX tries to save more money by doing some more things like replacing licensed stuff then they can spend more money on ROBLOX servers and other cool stuff! Also ROBLOX is non profit which it means it doesn’t make enough money so they have to rely on investments

What about existing games? What if the devs are too lazy to replace Gotham with Montserrat and Arial with Arimo? (Gotham and Arial probably are automatically replaced.)

Really? That’s tbh pretty dumb why doesn’t Arial and Gotham Enums get automatically replaced with Arimo and Montserrat Enums ?

2 Likes

I agree with everything you said up until here.

Roblox is a multi-billionare company, they’re already cheap enough as it is. They even refused to fix the crosswoods game exploit which they knew about back in 2016 because they thought no one would weaponize it and because they wanted to save as much money as possible. Look where that got us a few years later.

I decided to try to edit the arimo font to fix this it’s quite easy!

1 Like

builder extended is the best right???

Ah yes, let’s just remove the most popular fonts and forget about it…