Introducing Contextual Recommendations in Creator Marketplace

[Update] December 4, 2023

Hey creators,

The Creator Marketplace team is excited to launch Contextual Recommendations, a new feature to help you find the assets you need to accelerate development. We shared a sneak peek of this at RDC, and are excited to start rolling out today.

What are contextual recommendations?

Contextual recommendations are complementary assets that are recommended based on your scene. For example, if you’re building a study and you add a desk and a sofa, contextual recommendations could include a monitor and a side table. These recommendations are refreshed periodically based on changes to your scene. You can find them in Toolbox under Marketplace > Models > Scene Suggestions. Note that suggestions will only appear if there are assets present in your viewport.

How does it work?

Scene information is extracted from the primary visible model assets. Then, complementary searches from Creator Marketplace are generated.

We hope this feature dramatically increases the efficiency of relevant content discovery. The team is excited to continue improving this feature with your feedback and input. Please share any comments or questions below.

Shoutout to @QuantumOrbital and @Shnooops for making this happen!

109 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

This is really useful to get a concept worked out quickly! I love Toolbox assets for drafting out what scenes should look like, and I was pretty excited about this one at RDC. Can’t wait to see if it’s as efficient as it looks!

16 Likes

Did we literally just get like 4 new updates / releases in just a single day?
Are we being spoiled?

This seems so useful for all the people out there that make heavy use of the toolbox!
Does it also recommend my own items from my own inventory?

That’d be so cool!

25 Likes

Cool. Would it also apply to sound and image searches?

8 Likes

Imagine the possibilities if it contextually browsed through models in your map! When you’re building a city, you immediately get relevant buildings and props you already made elsewhere.

9 Likes

I will obviously try it out, but I just hope for the Marketplace to contain necessery models. So far I really think the most assets are too low quality and I would think that to boost the development of assets Roblox could reward players who develop the best assets on the creator marketplace. I don’t mean adding paid assets since that would be controvercial, but just awarding devs for best creations on the creator marketplace!

2 Likes

Today it only applies for the models category of assets. Let us know where else it would be beneficial, and we’ll keep it in mind for future expansions of this feature!

6 Likes

Today this only contains Creator Marketplace assets in its recommendations. The team is definitely interested in expanding to owned inventory as well in the future!

6 Likes

Looks like still early days of this functionality, but what you showed is relatively mind-blowing. I’m excited for more stuff like this- one idea I have immediately is suggesting relevant sound effects based off of what UI is shown on screen.

2 Likes

Does Include unverified creators option affects suggestions?

1 Like

This is like “tracking your browser history to send you ads” if it were actually a good thing.

5 Likes

How are the models chosen? Is it AI? If so, what would happen if I created an inappropriate model, and searched for new ones using this feature? How would you prevent the AI from choosing bad models, and from ignoring good ones? (like if there was a model with 2 balls next to each other, which were perfectly fine, would the AI ignore those because they could be sexual, even though they were fine?)

3 Likes

The fact that we’ve got more than 3 Roblox Updates in 1 day is Insane. Thank You for these amazing Roblox Updates! :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t use the toolbox, but yeah, this is cool.

1 Like

This is one of the most GENUINELY cool things I’ve seen yet. Incredibly proactive.

Thanks roblox team!

1 Like

I don’t entirely understand the point of this being added. Why would you spend your time on this when the search bar already exists? Are there not more pressing matters to be attended to?

1 Like

This is actually a very useful update. No more spending hours hunting through the toolbox to find assets with just the right look.

2 Likes

Images and sounds would be very useful…if it can be done, especially with sounds.

1 Like

An option to disable this would be nice, I don’t like my privacy being invaded on for what I’m currently working on.

2 Likes