Introducing CoreRestrictor!

Hello Developers!

I’ve recently created this plugin for me and my team, to make our lives a bit easier while dealing with CoreGui services. I decided to make this plugin public because, why not. This plugin will be updated time-to-time.

(Will be included as part of the OceanTubez’s Suite)

What is CoreRestrictor?

It’s a plugin that allows you to disable CoreGui services quickly and easily.

Where can I find it?

Right here! CoreRestrictor [V1.1] - Roblox

Why should I use it?

You can create the scripts yourself, but if you don’t know how to script, or don’t want to find out how, then this is for you. But scripters, don’t be disappointed! You can use this too.

Plugin is now working as intended.

Versions:

1.0 (12/1/2022)

Releases plugin with no analytics, had a major issue where RT-S5 interfered a ton.

1.1 (12/3/2022) Latest Update

Fixed minor bugs, but also the RT-S5. Added an information panel to differentiate between Suite and Normal versions.

Any feedback is appreciated,
OceanTubez

1 Like

It’s recommended to not release it until known bugs are fixed.

CoreGui services? Could you mind giving some examples?

The humanoid health for example and the server tab these are called Core gui services and you can disable them with scripts normally

SetCoreGuiEnabled can do those you mentioned (unsure about the second one). Could you give a detailed explanation about what these “services” are?

I’m Kind of a beginner but I will try my best

this service is used to disable Guis that Roblox Added thats is in the core of the game
such as:

the player tab(idk why I called it server tab),

The Humanoid Health bar at the top right,

you can disable Chat, Backpack, Self View(idk what this is), Emotes Menu, Player list, Humanoid

and by using this in a Script you can disable them all:

local StarterGui = game:GetService("StarterGui")
StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.All, false)

(tell me if anything is wrong and i need to fix)
there is not much to tell you about its just setting if you want to see the Guis that roblox put in

The bug appeared because one of roblox’s services was down, and it caused the plugin to badly ruin any game you opened with it installed.

I’ve already made it off sale, currently waiting for it to be fixed.

Why not use the StarterGui function instead?

I am using the startergui functions. The reason it is done is because of module/api that I have connected to the plugin.

The module api will be fixed in another 5 minutes.

EDIT: module api been fixed

The plugin has now been fixed!

one of our module/api’s were down so it wasn’t working as intended earlier!

UPDATE: Version 1.1 is out!

New additions:

• Information Display
  • Minor Bug Fixes (Includes RT-S5 issue)

You may not think that this update was much, but it was necessary in order to launch the OceanTubez Suite.

Any Suggestions, please reply below!

You should add images of your plugin here, and maybe better describe what it actually does.

This doesn’t say much of anything. If this just provides interface for disabing backpack, playerlist, chat, reset button, etc, then this is useless.

Hey,

First of all, I appreciate your feedback. It does indeed provide an interface for disabling backpack, playerlist etc. I wouldn’t say this is useless, at all. Maybe you want to disable the chat so they can’t talk? So as in a horror game. But please don’t call resources useless just because they are what they are.

All of it can be reduced to:

game.StarterGui:SetCoreGuiEnabled(Enum.CoreGuiType.Something, bool)

What makes your plugin or whatever it is, better than this?

1 Like

It does exactly that, but quicker. Tell me, would you prefer going to the plugins tab, clicking this plugin, then disabling backpack OR, opening up startergui, inserting a localscript, then adding that line of code?

to be honest, I prefer clicking then typing.

I would write it myself. Why? Because maybe I wanted to add it to a specific module of mine that handles UI. It is not worth it for a plugin to do it, because there’s no way it’s more flexible than just writing the line myself, where ever I want.

The line to disable coregui is one line, while your plugin is 188 lines total. And if you only count the 5 scripts that disable coregui with one line, now 5 scripts need to load instead of the one that already existed in your game which you would implement the one line of code I showed.

2 Likes

Why would you need to access an endpoint to disable core guis? Honestly seems useless overall when I can use a single line of code anywhere I want to disable it. Plugins that perform tasks as small as this honestly just make people lazy.

2 Likes

at first I thought this was a way to interact with coregui directly. But seeing that it’s simply just the simple methods in StarterGui, I dont see a use. You dont need a module to do one line of code lol

1 Like

Why would you make a plugin for a single line of code? To be honest, this is something I would make to test out a plugin template, not to actually use it.

Considering this is not open source either, it makes suspicion on if it contains a backdoor. I wouldn’t have this suspicion if this plugin achieved a heavy or big task in studio. Having a simple plugin as this, not open sourced, might raise suspicion.

General rule of thumb, do not publish something you do not see other’s using. If it is for personal use, then keep it for personal use.

1 Like