Introducing Dvdsarestillcool!

Hey folks! This is Dvdsarestillcool!

You might have seen me around some already, but I wanted to take a moment to formally say “hello!” I recently joined the Developer Relations team as the newest Developer Advocate. I’ve been playing Roblox since around 2008, so joining up is a dream come true!

I’ll be working hard in order to ensure your voices are heard and that you’re in the loop on all the exciting updates and announcements we’re working on. I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled for new ways to improve things just for you, but feel free to say hello if you see me out and about!

When I’m not on the clock I spend a ton of time playing board games, video games and watching movies. I could talk about any of these topics for hours on end. If you want some board game recs or an update on my journey to watch every Best Picture winner, I’m always down to discuss.

I can’t wait to further immerse myself in this community that’s been a major part of my life and to have the opportunity to improve the experience for the incredibly talented developer community.

See you soon!

181 Likes

You know DVDs are cool. What are your opinions on Vinyls?

Can’t wait to see all the awesome stuff you do.

48 Likes

Welcome to the DevForum @DVDsarestillcool! :grin:

Anyone here remember floppy disks?

19 Likes

Welcome to the Developer Forum!

Always good to see new DevRel members!

12 Likes

My Notebook still supports DVD and CD. Does yours?

Welcome to the club!

9 Likes

Little too large and they don’t contain movies sadly. Laserdiscs tho…

27 Likes

Welcome!!! Hope you enjoy being an admin

9 Likes

Welcome to Roblox, DevRel, the DevForum, and a very big welcome to the Advocacy team!

19 Likes

Excited for an advocacy team! Sounds like you’ll be a great addition to the team, welcome! :wink:

10 Likes

welcome to developer relations @DVDsarestillcool! are dvds and cds still cool even if not everyone is talking about them as much? :thinking:

10 Likes

Welcome @DVDsarestillcool!

@FxllenCode, why didn’t you do the obligatory welcome video?

8 Likes

100% agree. I would add that they’re better than Blu-Rays.

Welcome to the community!

9 Likes

Welcome to the DevForum @DVDsarestillcool !!

I forgot DVD’s were a thing

6 Likes

What’s your favorite non-Roblox video game?
What’s your favorite experience on Roblox?

6 Likes

Fine, I’ll just post the obligatory welcome video.

15 Likes

Welcome to the dev team! DVDs are still cool, but have you ever seen a DVD head?

Idk man I think I might have just come up with something…

7 Likes

Thanks for asking!
Outside of Roblox I think Diablo 3, Outer Wilds and Animal Crossing are all-timers for me but I also really enjoy Monster Hunter, Destiny, Sayonara Wild Hearts and WoW. I also just finished Inscryption last week and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it.

In Roblox I really love just about any Tycoon game and have always been really blown away by Fantastic Frontier and Vesteria.

13 Likes

Welcome to the developer forum. I do hope you enjoy being on the developer forum.

6 Likes

Welcome @DVDsarestillcool. I bet you that ~80% of devforum members have no idea what a dvd is though, so you might need to explain it to them :rofl:.

7 Likes

Hello DVD man!! :cd:

Welcome to the forums (yes i did the cd on purpose shh)

5 Likes