Introducing Experience Notifications

Great change! Can’t wait for the full release of this.

This feels little bit low. Why not like… 1 a day?

22 Likes

Can you read?

22 Likes

Super neat! Waiting on this for a while maybe games with a higher cp status can send more, due to it being less likely to then tryna flood/spam users notifications

11 Likes

poor wording on my part

they said they wanted feedback, they should give us the documentation now if they want our feedback (considering rn, all we have are visuals of what they look like (which are regular notifications :skull:) & the limit for them) instead of waiting till its already released :man_shrugging:

17 Likes

I feel this should ultimately be the player’s choice. A game that sends a standard daily notification to spin the wheel is of course much less interesting than a daily summary of attacks on your base, for example.

15 Likes

Any chance we can see same-experience notifications that pass-out this limit simply “stack” under one notification-entry which can be expanded by the user rather than getting ignored entirely? This would be helpful for experiences that send a few subsequent useful notifications as the user would be able to expand that menu while also not cluttering the UI with a ton of useless notifications that the user doesn’t truly care about.

Feature request for this.

20 Likes

Stacking notifications and opt-out from the notification panel would be so nice

12 Likes

Looks amazing! Love the new rounded UI. :sparkles:

9 Likes

This is great to hear! Concerning the API and possible unsuccessful notification deliveries; will we, developers, receive an error, delivery status Enum, or other returned value indicating an unsuccessful notification attempt? So we can retry sending a notification?

8 Likes

I feel like it will equally benefit small games, it’s a great way to keep your players updated on your game, without getting flooded by larger games in results and search. It’s a great opportunity for smaller games to retain interested players.

11 Likes

This will be a great wait to retain players!

7 Likes

It’s optional for users who wan’t to use it

8 Likes

It’d be nice to have a limit that is dynamic in the future, so if a player hasn’t played a game in a year, they should be limited to 1 every 3 days, but if they play it for hours every day recently, then have a limit of like every 6 hours. This would allow us to send them more actively for users who actually care.

11 Likes

Pretty nice feature. And remember guys, it’s entirely opt-in from the user’s side.

9 Likes

This seems like a pretty W addition. Def will try to use this in any way I can.

7 Likes

I believe this is a good update that allows Roblox to act more as a platform for experiences and make the experiences less beholden to the platform in terms of driving consistent and repeated engagement from users.

6 Likes

Very cool feature, makes games more game-y instead of just being another game on Roblox.

6 Likes

One thing I’d like to see added to this is notification category’s for individual experiences. For example having important notifications like when moderation action is taken against the user in experience and then less important notifications, being able to silent the less important ones but keep the important ones would be great.

7 Likes

Is spin drift a real game it looks fun, could anyone link?

6 Likes

Imagine this ends up like some of those App Store notifications that spam you.

Also how would this be programmed, it would be inefficient to use DataStores and dedicate servers to send notifications. Maybe a system for games to run background processes for the server without even being played.

4 Likes