Introducing Experience Notifications

Pretty nice feature. And remember guys, it’s entirely opt-in from the user’s side.

9 Likes

This seems like a pretty W addition. Def will try to use this in any way I can.

7 Likes

I believe this is a good update that allows Roblox to act more as a platform for experiences and make the experiences less beholden to the platform in terms of driving consistent and repeated engagement from users.

6 Likes

Very cool feature, makes games more game-y instead of just being another game on Roblox.

6 Likes

One thing I’d like to see added to this is notification category’s for individual experiences. For example having important notifications like when moderation action is taken against the user in experience and then less important notifications, being able to silent the less important ones but keep the important ones would be great.

7 Likes

Is spin drift a real game it looks fun, could anyone link?

6 Likes

Imagine this ends up like some of those App Store notifications that spam you.

Also how would this be programmed, it would be inefficient to use DataStores and dedicate servers to send notifications. Maybe a system for games to run background processes for the server without even being played.

4 Likes

Top experiences are the exact ones that would abuse this.

11 Likes

@grilme99 had a much clearer response.

The engine api lets you send notifications from a server im guessing, but im betting this is moreso a manual through the developer site and or open cloud api type thing. I dont think you will be sending notifications from a roblox server in most cases.

4 Likes

It has an OpenCloud API, so if you want to send a notification to a user without another Roblox server doing it, you can use that. However, if you wanted to, for example, alert a player when their base is raided, you could do that from the Roblox server that’s handling the raid, even if the player you’re sending the notification to isn’t there.

5 Likes

Not gonna lie. deliver experience notifications through the Notification Stream is fantastic news for me. This centralized approach will make it much easier for players to stay updated and engaged with their Roblox experiences.

6 Likes

This is a great idea. I only have few concerns-
First, WHY is the limit 1 notification for every 3 days? That’s just dumb.
Second, WHY IS IT AGE RESTRICTED?? I swear, Roblox only cares about its 13+ users. MORE THAN HALF of Roblox’s ONE BILLION+ INDIVIDUAL USERS are under 13, and in fact, the average age of a Roblox user is TWELVE. STOP trying to make Roblox “grow up” or whatever the HELL it is Roblox wants now. Do you not realize how many games, or experiences, or WHATEVER, have target audiences that are younger than 13?? Wow, what a shocker. 12 year olds play Roblox, really!? Wow!? What a surprise!!!

Get your act together, Roblox.

8 Likes

It could possibly be COPPA regulations and possible bypasses that wouldn’t be the best for under 13 users.

spam limit and why would you need to send more anyways?

7 Likes

COPPA doesn’t have any restrictions on notifications, and said bypasses could be harmful to 13+ users as well; just because someone was born at a certain time doesn’t really mean they are lesser than 13+ users.

Plus, COPPA isn’t that hard to workaround.

5 Likes

Yeah…? But it coukd just be related to somethjng like Ads not being able to appear on <13 screen.

True, but they do legally have to do things because of COPPA, by law.

Even so, it’s not something to really worry or get worked up about. Not many kids are even gonna adknowledge it

6 Likes

Ads being hidden for <13 users is also stupid. I get it, Roblox wants to protect kids. But “protecting kids” should mean banning games with names like “XYZ 18+ :underage: Sus Public Bathroom Vibe Hangout Simulator :eggplant: :sweat_drops:,” not age-restricting random features for no reason. Think about how ads weren’t age-restricted until suddenly, they were.

6 Likes

just what the doctor ordered - for the seasonal events and multiplayer battles in real-time dependent on time of day

3 Likes

When Roblox rolls out their new TOS changes, they’ll be taken down (because its user behavior, not the game itself)

Again… it could be like the ad’s fiasco. Wouldn’t they make money because of the users being reminded of the game?

3 Likes

Cool feature. Few questions, will there be a way to report inappropriate notifications, if not this might turn into a disaster. Second question, why a limit of 3 days?? That’s kinda stupid if you think about it. Every important use case is usually daily. E.g. your daily spin. 3 friends played today, get triple rewards for this. Etc. but cool feature, good job to the people who made this. :coffee:

5 Likes

Based on the frequency of notifications a player can receive, these suggestions don’t even make sense. One every three days it extremely low and should be raised to at least once per day.

Why is this feature being limited to 13+ players only? There has to be a reason, so why isn’t this explained to us?

The current restrictions make me wonder why this is even being added. If I’m going to be honest, this sounded like a great addition (and I think it can be with some small changes), but currently, it doesn’t seem worth it to implement it into any of my projects until the issues outlined are either fixed or greatly improved.

4 Likes