Introducing Experience Notifications

While I don’t see any real use for this feature, I am relieved to see that it is restricted to 13+ users, to avoid 8 year olds being push notification spammed. The limit is also a good thing, also mitigating push notification spam.

Will there be any moderation action for games that abuse push notifications in any way that violates the ToS? This and having a report button next to any notifications you get should be part of this feature, to close any loopholes in abusing the feature to display inappropriate content.

I also wonder if the chat filter will apply to these notifications, and if so, what strictness level of the chat filter will it use?

4 Likes

Time to spam people. >:DDD

2 Likes

Woah, this is a really good feature Roblox. Thank You!

2 Likes

Now waiting for this spam
However, cool feature

3 Likes

Thats why you can choose to disable some games

5 Likes

Will it be opened up for all users (-13) later?
Or is it not allowed to send them notifications?

As far as I know, the current notifications don’t have this limit, so what changed for it to be included now?

3 Likes

Always happy to see more trackable analytics :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh it’s not rolled out yet…

hm

2 Likes

It’s a really great update. Now finally users can get notified like daily reward or trade request from their favourite experiences.

2 Likes

What is different from this and the update notifications?

2 Likes

Actuslly no, not really; you have to opt in, and that rate limit helps.

2 Likes

Roblox just doesn’t miss, the recent updates have been amazing and I applaud the roblox team for their amazing work

1 Like

It’s an opportunity for smaller games and its mostly opt in

1 Like

Not everything on this platform needs to be about the top experiences. Give the little guys a chance maybe?

2 Likes

I mean, you can tap the follow game, and get update alerts already. I did it on a small star wars games for legends roleplay. Very small group of people. I feel like this is mostly pointless.

1 Like

The difference is that it allows for scripted customization of said notification, which can be personalized for the individual player. The update notification system is general purpose and goes out to all players the same way and cannot be personalized whatsoever. This feature isn’t for experience update notifications or universal events.

I don’t think every experience needs personalized notifications, and I’m also glad that it’s disabled by default, but it can help out applicable games significantly. I think the most useful use-case is for an experience similar to a game like Rust, where getting a base raid alert notification is extremely useful to players. In less useful use-cases, it can be simple personalized reminders like what’s shown in the original post. There are many ways to use this new notification system that experience update notifications simply cannot do.

I think this is one of those things where if you don’t think your experience needs it, just don’t add it. If you don’t think notifications from a certain experience are desirable, just don’t enable them. This is a positive change as it’s opt-in and is a helpful feature for those who want it, yet it doesn’t harm anyone who doesn’t.

3 Likes

Just stack the notifications. :sob: PLEASE

2 Likes

This is a cool feature but, WHY +13 ONLY!? That’s stupid. Is COPPA added a rule like that? If you don’t know about COPPA, click here

2 Likes

It could be related to the whole Ad Fiasco

1 Like

Can this be used to redirect users to a game that bans them?

1 Like