Introducing Grass

If decoration painting is surely going to happen, I would prefer if all types of materials supported decoration, since I like to use terrain materials in alternative ways. For the time being though, imo leafy grass as a no-decor material is acceptable.

My whole shtick is world-building so it’s not unusual for me to have more than one color of grass. My current unpublished project has three different colors in fact.

5 Likes

Great update! Will definitely be using this in some of my projects! :grinning:

This is a really great feature for games , thank you for doing such a great job on this. plz give the team for this a raise :slight_smile:

Just wanna point you guys towards this:

9 Likes

I love how this is something now on roblox! One issue I am having is having to move my entire layout up and making sure no housing floors or sidewalks have grass sticking out of it. Any easy way to do fix that making it so the grass is not sticking through the floors with out having to move everything around?

3 Likes

This was answered in the post directly above yours. Please read the topic before asking questions!

3 Likes

This is incredible! I showed one of my friends this, and asked them to guess what game it is. He though it was a bad angle of Zelda: Breath of the Wild! This is really impressive! I can’t wait to see more things like this!

1 Like

This looks beautiful! Roblox thank you for this update!

34 Likes

Looks amazing, Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow Roblox! Beautiful update!

15 Likes

This is another big step for Roblox’s history! I can’t wait to mess around with this in studio.

4 Likes

no more having roblox studio crash for the 100th time from particle emitters

hallelujah

5 Likes

This is really cool, but I wish Roblox wouldn’t lock really useful tech like this to extremely specific features like terrain. Most games on Roblox don’t use terrain and it would have been nice to get this decoration system on surfaces like parts as well, especially if it’s planned to have customization options in the future.

14 Likes

This is cool, can’t wait for it to be implement into public games.

2 Likes

Got to try it out a bit and I can see grass getting more improvements and changes in the future. Nonetheless this is an excellent addition to those are are persistent with utilizing smooth terrain. Looking forward to seeing a lot of creations with it

I thought the same and its quite a reoccurring feature. Force field shimmer effect was super cool, locked to a specific material, same with glass. There are other examples throughout Roblox too

2 Likes

:heart_eyes: Jailbreak Fall Map. We have it enabled in Terrain. Can’t wait for this to appear for clients!

64 Likes

I’ve been loving this new grass a lot and have also been loving what everyone else has shared here!

Visually, there’s a whole new level of detail (pun not intended). The terrain feels much more “real” and just more like terrain should always feel imo.

12 Likes

Cool but I have some ideas for the grass.

• Change Scale
  • Change Color
  • Add to some locations like a paint tool
  • Can go on more then grass
  • Change region’s grass color
10 Likes

That looks absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait to use it in my next project.

1 Like