Introducing Grass

I own an Ant Simulator, will I be able to make the grass very? Because if not I don’t think I could use it which would be a real bummer.

There will be possibility to change grass parameters including variance in the future.

6 Likes

Awesome! I will use this for my game!

Radical,

Gnarly

5 Likes

Yes! I was waiting for this update for an month now! It changes Roblox and makes it look more reality, I’m gonna test it out now!

When will be the surface appearance update?

I love the train ! Omggggggggggg

3 Likes

Man, I’m really bad at lighting, Can you tell me exactly how you made that?
I hope to be able to make some Gnarly lighting like that someday, That’s why i’m asking how u made it.

EDIT: Also the grass looks really nice, Roblox has done a great job.

3 Likes

I’d like to support this motion. Others have asked for this as well.

I’m not entirely sure how it would be done, but having the ability to somehow paint grass onto the surface of parts would be a godsend. Many of us use triangle terrain for game aesthetics. The textures and colors available for smooth terrain are highly limited, to the point where they’re not a sturdy option in games with varying biomes.

On the other hand, having the ability to paint smooth terrain grass onto part surfaces would allow us to decorate our games and give them a more modern and immersive feel while maintaining our game’s terrain aesthetic

3 Likes

I’d love to know your process for the production of those beautiful textures.
(I’n DM’s preferably as it’s not exactly relating to this if possible!))

1 Like

I didn’t actually do a whole lot for the lighting and left some things as the default setting, managed to find what worked pretty easily:

With the colours I also reduced saturation by a lot and added a very slight colour tint which helped a lot, and with the fog I wanted to avoid black and try get something that fit the scene and skybox.
It’s mostly just experimenting and seeing what works, hope this helps :ok_hand:

6 Likes

Thank you so much, I’ll try to keep in mind that fog helps a lot aswell lol!

EDIT: This will help a lot in any horror projects i plan to make, Apparently i have a lot to learn, From lighting to terrain material, Never knew how much i still have to learn.

EDIT2: I’m copying your lighting as i still am really bad, I will credit you in my game description.

4 Likes

Hooray! I’m excited for this and can’t wait to try it! :happy3:

2 Likes

I am with stm02, I would prefer an automatic flat terrain for new grass,

1 Like

This is so cool!

2 Likes

You can copy the triangle terrain and move it 1.5 studs below the original triangle terrain then use Part to terrain plug-in to change the triangle terrain to grass. This will give the impression of grass growing from the original triangle terrain.

I’ve used this method before and its worked (it does need some editing to make it look better and fit well)

3 Likes

This looks like an amazing spring day!

3 Likes

These updates for studio are game changing, I’ve always admired semi-realistic showcases. Now seeing this update will really make future showcases seem like you’re in real life, there’s also super talented builders I’ve seen in this topic who used the update and it blew me away.

Of course with updates that are brand new, there is bound to be flaws. I’ve seen a few others post that there is a bug, that basically makes the grass go in places that it isn’t meant to be. Nonetheless, the update is something I would love to see more in-game

3 Likes

I can expect this to be used in great ways!

5 Likes

I think the grass only moves when the user’s graphics level are above 5 or 6.

3 Likes