Introducing Intersection to Computational Solid Geometry (CSG)

At least I was able to make this with the intersect tool, took a little while to figure it out but I hope you guys like it!

7 Likes

I tried to make an updated version of the classic spray paint gear but it seems that runtime intersections have problems with decals being placed on them.

The resulting intersection for both ingame and instudio appear the same but the ingame does not display the decal correctly.

1 Like

It also does not work well on the other solid modeling tools so I’m not surprised if that happens with the intersection tool as well.

2 Likes

@FGmm_r2 Any updates when client sided CSG will be released? :pray:

3 Likes

Sorry for the very late response, i haven’t encountered this issue ever since reporting it so i think it was just a weird fluke on my end

3 Likes

Great feature! Could we maybe get an exclude functionality with this as well? It’s basically the opposite from intersection. The touching parts will be removed from the final shape. It would have the same effect as subtracting the intersection of the parts from a duplicate of the parts. With this feature, the family would be fully complete.

1 Like

What does intersection do? Does it squish parts together or something else. How do i use it and what do i need it for

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.