Introducing Monetization Metrics for the Analytics Dashboard

You are correct. commissions for avatars are not visible for group games.
I will bring it back to our team and see how we can solve this problem.

9 Likes

For all developers who want to know the definition and the way to enroll and manage analytics dashboard, we have the newest documentation available here.
https://create.roblox.com/docs/production/analytics/analytics-dashboard

2 Likes

Hey there! Pet Story developer here.

I had to come here and see what was going on as I couldnā€™t understand what was happening to my revenue data tables.

I love the new looks of it, UI wise.

But Iā€™d like to go over three points that affect me personally (and I believe other developers as well):

• First, same point some developers are already complaining over. The hourly data. EXTREMELY useful, specially for developers like me who update frequently and need instant feedback over this updates.

• Second, I seem to be seeing lower numbers today compared to what I had yesterday (before the update) in my ā€œDaily Revenueā€ table. It makes me worry if I was looking at inaccurate numbers before or now.

• Third, I understand I can go and directly check my group/user transactions to get the precise value. But it is not very practical as it gets mixed with all my other 6 games that are also generating revenue.

I understand the update was recently pushed and it might come with a couple things to fix. Iā€™m just trying to give you guys a better insight on what I believe works better for us developers. Thanks!

15 Likes

Nice. ROBLOX can go a step further, analyze each gamepass/developer product monetization, and suggest an optimal selling price to maximize profit

5 Likes

Canā€™t even see product sales anymore, not even the owner of the experience can either. Maybe I missed something important while reading everything?

3 Likes

Hi @Buggin3D
The developer product sales is not available if you are viewing hourly metrics.
If you switch to daily and monthly it should be available.

2 Likes

Hi @Ponchokings
Thanks for the feedback. For the number you are seeing that is lower. The reason is because we are using a brand new pipeline and it is computing the most accurate data. This data is the net revenue that deducts the roblox fee. So it should match the actual robux you earn in the end.
The old developer stats value however is raw robux earned before the deduction so it has higher value.

For the group/user transactions we are totally aware of the confusion and the user friction so we will try to bring a better way of displaying the revenue at game level inside the metrics dashboard. You can download revenue data as csv. And hourly data we will revisit and see how we can better provide the feature.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad to see the monetization page finally being shipped out for everyone! Very readable & clean page, and Iā€™m glad many metrics are being developed on. Revenue divided by asset type and further breakdown (such as Country) is great, and I didnā€™t personally care for the very specific age groups that existed on the old Developer Stats page. <13, 13-17, and 18+ is perfect. I find ARPDAU much more accurate compared to RRPV (robux revenue per visit).

Unfortunately, the deprecation of many revenue graphs on the Developer Stats page didnā€™t sit right with me. Iā€™m glad that most features have been replaced before removing, but the newer graphs still lack performance of the last 48-72 hours (with precision of at least ~1h), and monthly aggregation.

My use cases for hourly have always been to understand how my players have been responding to new updates & certain holidays. For example, when I release a new update, I usually like to check hourly data to get the most up-to-date information. Hourly is definitely inaccurate to the whole picture, yes, especially for smaller games, but itā€™s more important for larger games in my eyes.

If I notice players havenā€™t been purchasing much lately with this new update, it could tell me that something Iā€™ve changed has decreased the odds players will spend robux in their session. Iā€™d have to wait up to a few days to get this information currently with Daily charts.

I also use this information for holidays such as Christmas, where thereā€™s a huge boom of revenue mostly Christmas Day, with slightly increased revenue afterwards.

My use cases for monthly have always been to understand how my game has developed over time. I currently use the monthly charts in Developer Stats to see how each month has compared to previous ones, and to compare the ratio of revenue to visits for historical data. This change has completely wiped out at least 4 years of data for me and is inaccessible, with no warning, which is quite disappointing. While possible, weā€™re required to export all CSV data and use third party software to calculate monthly, when we used to have this available to us on-site with the click of a button.

I hoped that this change wouldā€™ve be delayed until (hopefully) this could be reimplemented in the new Daily Revenue chart, or at least given a clearer warning (other than stating the page is outdated) before something like this was taken away.

Iā€™d assume we may expect the Developer Stats page to eventually be removed and replaced with equivalents (for the most part) on the new Analytics Dashboard?

For me personally, these are the features Iā€™m still relying on Developer Stats for:

• Premium Payouts page (Robux Earned, Playtime Score, Premium Visits)
  • Export (monthly Game Stats / Revenue Reports)
  • Filtered Devices / ā€œLive Statsā€ (could fit nicely under ā€˜Computeā€™, hint hint)
  • Product revenue breakdown
  • Hourly/Monthly revenue analytics

In my opinion, I donā€™t actually see much of a use for Visits anymore aside from the public-facing ā€œVisitsā€ stat on game pages. I find ā€œSessionsā€ a more accurate representation for all types of experiences. Visits are per-place, while Sessions are counted for the entire universe. In the chance Visits stats wouldnā€™t make it to the new pages, I would hope that newly measured visits for each game would be counted as sessions instead and eventually phased out as a legacy term. Visits can also be abused easier, as players can be teleported back to the start place which gives some universe-centered games an advantage (even if this stat may not necessarily dictate much)

Other than that, Iā€™d totally look forward to these new analytics:

• Breakdown of our gameā€™s best selling products/passes. Use case: Help us understand which products users are interested in the most, and work on any which may not be performing too well. Daily Revenue is great, but doesnā€™t quite paint the full picture. (Possibly improving Conversion Rate)

• Individual sales & revenue for individual products/passes. Use case: Understand how specific products may have performed during certain periods, such as during a sale. Maximize profit by trying to find the right point to price our products at. Currently, this is only offered to us in the form of tedious monthly revenue sheets, and transactions page, which heavily lacks filter/search options and is no good option for any decently established game.

1 Like

Like others have said, the removal of the chart for hourly queries in the developer stats page is really annoying, this was incredibly helpful to measure the effects of an update or change. (Even for large games!) Please add this back, thanks! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I usually check in daily in the morning to have a glance how revenue performed over the past 24 hours.

Now I have no quick way to check how my game is doing - the data in the new monetization tab seems to be 2 days old. I understand that hourly metrics arenā€™t so useful, but understanding how well my game has performed in the past 24 hours is pretty essential for me, especially after making some updates. The new monetization tab is cool, but losing the ability to know how well my game performed overnight is pretty disapointing.

10 Likes

I have waited a long time for this! Soon enough the new analytics dashboard will be good enough to replace existing third party ones - like GameAnalytics or playfab

Any word about custom events to allow us make our own graphs thatll be specific to our game?
Thats the only thing thats holding me back from dropping GameAnalytics

1 Like

Fun fact: If you spend some time to code and link APIs, you can actually make a program to indicate when exactly in the gameplay they pay.

2 Likes

HUGE complaints that seriously interrupted my day & make me extremely upset with this change:

• I am unable to see my hourly revenue. This is CRUCAL to see how my games are preforming with new updates
  • Revenue is DAYS behind!!! I have NO IDEA if my sponsors are profitable or if im shoveling money into a fire UNTIL days later!!!
  • I CANT see revenue for group games I dont own! I have EVERY permission in certain groups, but I am unable to see how much money I am making!!! Seriously annoying!!!

Edit:
Roblox STILL sends the request to get the hourly data!!! Why not just display it???

11 Likes

Hi @Kullaske:
For the group game revenue if you are not able to see it from the new metrics dashboard, you could work with your gameā€™s group owner for the right permission.

This one should give you the detailed instruction on how to turn it on.
If you still have trouble after the permission is on please let us know.

2 Likes

Getting issues with this even when I am the owner of the group :confused: really frustrating change

4 Likes

I donā€™t know why, But I really donā€™t like this update. This is more confusing then the other stats. Hourly is important, Yet isnā€™t in monetization? Thank you roblox, For an update nobody really asked for.

11 Likes

Please give us back the ability to see our hourly and daily developer product sales. This is a really great new feature, but it isnā€™t worth it if you take away the ability to see our live earnings. Having to wait 2 days to see what we are earning, especially after an update is stressful and not helpful at all. This should be reverted until you can provide both features simultaneously.

9 Likes

:wave: Hello! I understand wanting to improve Developer Analytics in regards to monetization but this has disrupted mine & many other developerā€™s work flow by a ton.

First of all, Hourly revenue is EXTREMELY important to me and has been because it allows me to see around what hours do players purchase most, what is the impact of certain updates I release to my game and the list goes on.

I canā€™t even see my daily revenue anymore, anywhere. When I access ā€œMonetizationā€ under the ā€œAnalyticsā€ tab it says ā€œFailed to load the pageā€. I can however see the developer stats.

And I canā€™t see anything at Developer Product sales either:

I havenā€™t had any trouble before regarding seeing my revenue until this update.

5 Likes

I am concerned by the choice to remove all revenue statistics from the developer stats dashboard.
Sure not having data in two places makes sense, but this prevents smaller games from seeing any revenue statistics, which means any small scale testing of a gameā€™s viability becomes impossible.

Just to note, I also get ā€œfailed to load pageā€ when I click the new monetisation tab on my game.
If its relevant the game does not have sufficient DAUā€™s for the full analytics dashboard, and it is not a group game.

7 Likes

Will the two-day latency ā€œlimitationā€ ever be addressed or is this forever something we can expect from these new dashboards?

What Iā€™ve found most people are upset about is simply that weā€™re downgrading from no latency to two-day and getting less granularity. I can only imagine the latency will also cause frustration when this finally rolls out to replace the other metrics developer stats currently handles.

6 Likes