Introducing Monetization Metrics for the Analytics Dashboard

Hey, I’m the developer of the game Junk Simulator, I want to reiterate what others have said and I definitely don’t like not being able to see my hourly revenue stats. I understand they were less accurate and they didn’t account for the Roblox fee but like others have said it gives smaller games a great way to see the impact of changes at a very granular level. Along with this not being able to see the current day is very annoying. This change is extremely disappointing to me and I hope that you can either bring back the previous monetization charts in the meantime or bake it into the new monetization page asap.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the detailed thoughts here.
Could you tell me what you can get from monthly game stats export?
We think we have got all the metrics in monthly game stats covered inside the new analytics metrics. Is there some feature that is still missing inside monthly game stats export?

3 Likes

Hi @Bloxquility
Could you let me know which game you own so I can help take a look to see if there is any issue with the data loading.
Also for Developer Product Sales it is not available if you are looking at hourly data. If you switch to daily/monthly for developer stats it should show up.

4 Likes

Why was the dev stats table removed?
I’ve been tracking that data daily in my excel file since 2016. I want to see at a glance what my hourly, daily(most important) and monthly figures are.

Downloading a CSV with all the data is not easy or convenient for anyone, plus we already had that available to us before.

Please return the dev stats table, there isn’t really a reason to not have it.

4 Likes

Hello. I’m one of the developers of Evil Genius Tycoon. Our game came out just over a month ago so we haven’t made much use of the monthly stats export, but this change is actually great for us looking towards the future. As I mentioned in a comment on this thread last night, in addition to this new panel, we still need to be able to see our hourly and daily earnings as it helps us greatly determine how our updates are received by our player base as well as giving us that confirmation that our developer products are working. I think the monetization panel has everything we need for the monthly information but we can’t afford to wait two days to see how we’re doing, especially after an update. I appreciate you taking the time to reply here.

1 Like

Are there any plans on having an API provided for the monetization metrics or are we going to have to stick with a custom system for that?

A good amount of games make use of a premium currency type of system though the metrics dashboard does not account for such and instead would display purchased currency types (e.g. 100, 200, 500 premium currency) to my understanding of this all.

Having more freedom on what we specifically can track (like what a user spends said currency on) would be useful and even beneficial breaking down data on what products sell well and what products don’t.

2 Likes

I think it may also be because my game is based on UGC Sales, Clothing, % commissions… I have read through this topic and I understood that doesn’t apply to the new monetization system yet.

3 Likes

This is perfect! Absolutely crucial to allow for proper strategic planning and measuring success.

4 Likes

I am not seeing it and I am the group owner.

1 Like

Hi @Bloxquility There is an issue from our side and we fixed that. Now you should be able to load the monetization page.

3 Likes

Hi @NinjoOnline We have fixed it for you and you are able to see your game’s data now.

5 Likes

Hi @BillB1ox
The issue is fixed for you, I believe you should be able to see the stats now.
One thing to notice that we need to have 10 DAU as minimum for 3 consecutive days to have this feature and your game is probably just passed that so it takes some time to get reflected and show up in your dashboard.

4 Likes

As others mentioned, the hourly revenue was an essential tool for checking how well updates did. I also hate how we now have to select the exact dates to check the amount of Robux we earned instead of simplifying with Hour/Date/Month like what we had before. I see no reason for those features to get removed, especially when these new additions can’t replace the value of what the old metrics gave us.

7 Likes

Has “Download Monthly Revenue Data” under the Developer Stats / Export tab been deprecated as well? The report appears to generate, but clicking the “DOWNLOAD CSV” button no longer downloads the file.

Without the monthly revenue data sheets, it looks like it’s no longer possible to view what proportion of revenue is coming from individual game passes.

4 Likes

On my monetization page all revenue tracking stopped working 3 days ago when this update took place and my charts still haven’t updated, getting worried I’m losing Robux because I know I am still getting sales with having thousands of active players online daily, but nothing is showing up, for neither my main game (1467230998) nor any of my group games.

1 Like

Please bring this back. We use it heavily to monitor performance of our new bundle releases.

9 Likes

I agree with this. It’s also useful to investigate when most players are online, so to work out optimal times to update or have live events.

1 Like

Download CSV and Download XLSX are not working on the new Dev Stats page. Please investigate @dragonknightflies

Here is the full bug report I wrote this morning:

As I do not have permission I cannot start a new thread.

4 Likes

The new kpi’s are good, but I’d like to see the old robux per visit one added back into the new dashboard. It would also be nice to see hourly and monthly stats instead of just daily, as I use monthly the most for looking at my revenue stats. Otherwise it’s a pretty good update, and the new breakdowns will likely be useful and fun to look at.

2 Likes

Hi @MarineMike826 I double checked your game the data is updating. As we mentioned in the post above the update will have up to 48 hours delay. We will try to see what we can do to improve this.

1 Like