Introducing myself and new tutorials

Hello Developers!

I’d like to introduce myself. I joined Roblox recently as a content engineer on the Developer Relations Team. My main priority is to provide those who are interested in development with new tutorials, guides, learning materials, and other things to help YOU create new content on Roblox and potentially reach millions of passionate players!

With that, I’d like to mention some new things that can help you learn about bits and pieces of Roblox, or even begin to learn how to develop on Roblox.

GETTING STARTED GUIDES
We have a brand-new 4-part series of guides for people who are totally new to Roblox development. All big dreams start somewhere, so if you’re new to Roblox development, start here!
http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Getting_Started

TUTORIALS
We’ve gathered all of the existing Roblox tutorials under one umbrella, and we’ve organized them better so that you can find what you’re looking for.
http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Learn_Roblox

VIDEO TUTORIALS
Did you know Roblox also has a bunch of video tutorials? If you like watching instead of reading, check out the 50 video tutorials that cover everything from using Roblox Studio to advanced scripting methods.
http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Roblox_Video_Tutorials

Happy development!
IgnisRBX

59 Likes

:eyes: Is this to help recruit younger developers?

unread so far, will read soon

EDIT: I’m hype for the wiki expansion/rework! I heard talks of this a few times and its finally coming

8 Likes

Ooh it’s awesome that the wiki is finally getting expanded on!

2 Likes

Seems like you would give developers the opportunity to write tutorials.

2 Likes

@the_zelda,
Could be any age I guess :slight_smile: … but yeah, the Getting Started series is definitely for those who haven’t developed in Roblox before. The other stuff is mostly organization of content you might have already seen but that some people didn’t know about.

I will be tackling new material too, so if you have specific things you’d like to see, feel free to throw some suggestions out there!

IgnisRBX

4 Likes

Welcome! There aren’t many building tutorials by Roblox, if that’s something that is under your belt seeing some more would be nice. Good to see that Roblox is increasing the amount of quality tutorials.

1 Like

Great! Shared with my awesome cousins.

1 Like

This looks nice, I will share with my friend who wants to learn how to be a developer.

2 Likes

This is so cool, and, nice to meet you!

1 Like

Welcome! Looking forward to working with you!

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!
Your tutorials are excellent :)!

5 Likes

Hi!

The new tutorial page is nice, but it’s really annoying to use if you’re looking for something specific. A couple of days ago I tried finding the Roblox chat tutorial - both with the search feature and the tutorials page - and had to use the Chat service’s page instead.

Can we get like a legacy tutorial page or just a plain list of tutorials?

3 Likes

Will there be any plans to do a swap on the old Roblox “R” logo on the tab to a new Roblox studio/Roblox player logo? It bugs me as it stands with a version out of date.

1 Like