Introducing Premium Payouts!

Thanks for clarifying, I obviously dont get 30k premium visits per week and I thought that was obvious, but I guess not. Even so, my visit length is approximately 15-20 minutes per visit, so it should eventually add up.

So I’d think anyways

My graph is still empty. My game isn’t very popular, but it can usually maintain a concurrent player count around 3-5 when I run ads. Do I need to be so popular to get premium payouts?

No. It says on the Developer Hub that you do not need to enroll or do anything to be put in the Premium Payouts program. Maybe the players that play your game do not have Premium.

1 Like

I’ve seen multiple players with Premium in the game.

1 Like

Hmmm, maybe check again in a few hours. It could take a while or something to load stats

2 Likes

I noticed that the premium payouts don’t show up in the group revanue tab.

Is this a problem? Or does the payouts fall into a different catagory?

1 Like

You gotta go to your the premium payout tab. You should have it…

I don’t think this is actually helping any small developer
and its kind of unfair for premium people
because they dont get any reward out of that neither.

1 Like

Yes, thats how its working currently for my group

1 Like

yea its not really going to help you unless you have a lot of players in your game

2 Likes

Does this work properly with universes

3 Likes

It appears to, i’m getting the same premium payout chart on every place in my universe so I think it’s mirrored and the numbers are also decent.

1 Like

I still don’t fully understand how this feature works. I had a small amount of Premium Payouts on the 16th, 17th, and 18th, but no data since then. Is it zero? Or is it just not in yet?

Also, how is this extra lump of Robux generated? From the amount of Premium players playing your game? From the percentage of Premium players playing your game? Some sort of mix of the two? Do you get more Premium Payouts if you have Premium-only features in your game?

And lastly, what’s the incentive for someone to just drop a credit card and buy Premium in-game? Am I missing something? If someone could explain these to me, I’d be forever grateful

5 Likes

I would like to see more transparency in where the Robux is coming from - and how it is exactly calculated. Until then I will be using game passes for the majority of my “premium” content as that directly benefits me with clear margins. Imo providing premium players anything other than a simple “boost” would regress profits as you can make much more with game passes.

I can see where Roblox is coming from, but the overall gain doesn’t seem to be on the developers side. Rather developers are used as a means to an end. Especially the upsell modal, I would rather give the player a popup to give me Robux directly rather than giving Roblox money. Again, more transparency could change my mind.

11 Likes

Seems promising, although I can see how this feature can be abused. Hopefully that doesn’t happen!

I think that in order to balance this feature, games that have certain place visits, like to dislike ratio and players active should affect how much Robux developers will earn when premium users are in their game.
For example, a game that has both low place visits and has less players should be given more Robux when premium users are active in their game.

2 Likes

Hello,

On our game (🏎️ Go-Karting Xtreme - Roblox) the last data available under the “Premium” tab at the developer stats, is still 19/02… However, it’s been like that from Thursday. Why aren’t we getting the new stats?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kr,
Jonas

Edit: Screenshot:

1 Like

Making premium more valuable and adding a new way for developers is awesome. I can’t see why games would become more pay to win than they already are, this is merely just a new sort of VIP gamepass just way more convenient for all parties.

1 Like

whats the % the developers get from premium payouts?

2 Likes

My question, If were asking for feedback on our game and you link the game and a premium developer joins the game we still get Points?