Introducing Ro-Tweener! **BETA**

I’m not really sure, though if you can’t really find solutions then I’d suggest re-uploading the module without the image or such. (If you can’t at the urge of finding solutions that is.)

Okay could you tell me if it’s moderated? I edited to a new link

2 Likes

Yup, it’s not moderated anymore - Very helpful plugin by the way! :happy2:

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is my first plugin and I always had this issue and I make VFX and I use tweening a lot and my Computer takes a while to run F8 key

1 Like

With the moderation issue resolved worked around, I could finally take a real look at the plugin, and…

Plugin works as advertised. UI is simple yet effective. Manipulating the original part and the clone is extremely easy to figure out, but it looks like any changes to the clone don’t apply until you edit the text box again. Probably a bug, but nothing too significant. Perhaps “Reverse” could be replaced with a check box of some sort instead of having the user type true or false. It’s a (mostly) solid plugin with a simple purpose and (mostly) flawless execution. It’s nice to see some simple plugins in the seemingly infinite ocean of Roact and eye-melting UI.

So here’s a major suggestion: GUI tweening. This plugin appears to only work with BaseParts, but the ability to test GUI tweens without playing a game would really help a significant amount of developers/UI designers.

(I need sleep)

Okay, I could do the GUI Tweening system. I can make a mode system that edit’s the GUI depending on the chosen mode. ALSO I suck at making GUI’s do you have any suggestions for the GUI to make it more good appealing on the eye and more fancy, just to add some pizazz to it. And yes I will make a checkbox for the reverse tab! And what do you mean by

Are theres some bugs I shall fix?

Sometimes, it’s better to keep it simple. Clean UI, nothing too fancy. From my neither-artist-nor-UI-designer point of view, the best plugins tend to blend in with the rest of Studio. Anything that sticks out could be very distracting to some developers.
Additionally, as a dark theme user, I keep forgetting light theme is a thing that exists. Studio definitely allows you to dynamically change your UI’s colors depending on the user’s Studio theme, but my sleep-deprived brain is very much unable to point to anything beyond DevHub. It may also help to look at other plugins to figure out how they handle Studio themes.

Well, there’s that thing where…

which may or may not be considered a bug depending on the user. You could make it update the saved values whenever the clone’s properties change, but at this point, it’s far too late for my brain to be able to make sense of any code, so this is where I’ll disappear from DevForum for about half a day.

Good luck with your plugin, and don’t let the bells and whistles consume you! Resist the urge to make everything as flashy as possible! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Cool stuff, but I have some honest criticism:

1. The plugin icons are mismatched and pixelated, I suggest scaling the play icon in something like getpaint.net and scaling it to 32x32 (standard plugin icon size).

2. You’re creating the GUI and script in your code… which is going to cause a mess and hinder your ability to work on the plugin in the future. Clone a preexisting one.

3. You aren’t using modules, which again, will cause a mess

4. Your post is pretty messy to look at, you should keep everything simple with only a few notes.
    A great example to patch it up is my post, you can refer to that to make it cleaner. Though it’s obviously not perfect lol

Wait, I can just make a pre-made gui and put it into the Widget? And I am not doing a Logo for now just because the Moderation is dying for a little bit.

Yup. It’s that simple.

Though you’ll have to screw around with ZIndex, but in the end its SOOO much nicer

Welp thanks, also what would I use Modules for?

You can use them to minimize code and make it look more professional.

And how do I make dropdowns on the DevForum?

[details="Summary"]
This text will be hidden
[/details]
Summary

This text will be hidden

Okay! But what code would I use it for :skull:

OH thank you ! I really needed this because that can actually help.

For plugins, most people use it for creating widgets and editing their properties, instead of this…

P A I N

Also stuff all of your questions in one post so we dont flood everything

Yes, not gonna teach you everything but heres a quick example

local module = {}

function module.MakeWidget()
	local NewTweenWidgetInfo = DockWidgetPluginGuiInfo.new(
		Enum.InitialDockState.Float,
		true,
		false,
	)

local TweenWidget = plugin:CreateDockWidgetPluginGui('TweenSettings', NewTweenWidgetInfo)
	TweenWidget.Title = 'Tween Settings'
	TweenWidget.Enabled = false
	-- This'll return the tweenwidget if you wanna modify it, like the enabled property, heres a tutorial: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/a-mini-guide-on-how-to-use-return/1780075
	return TweenWidget
end

return module

Note: You have to pass plugin as a parameter since it doesn’t work in modules

So it just makes the NewTweenWidgetInfo code one line Thanks to module?

Okay thank you! I will use these for my next Post and I will rework the code But some parts such as the code INSIDE the functions gotta stay the same!

FIXED THE MODERATED BUG THANKS TO @bytechan and @ViceRabbit, no further updates have happened so far