Introducing Seamless Account Switching on Roblox

[Update] November 30, 2023

To enhance your experience on Roblox, we’re thrilled to introduce a new feature that simplifies the way you navigate between multiple accounts. We understand that many of you use different Roblox accounts for various reasons, like connecting with different friend groups or testing new experiences. We want to make it as convenient as possible for you to switch between them. This feature will slowly roll out globally over the next two weeks.

How It Works

Go to Settings on the top right corner of your screen. Instead of clicking “Log Out,” you can now access “Switch Accounts.” From there, you can add an existing account or create a new account to switch into. This feature only works on the web at the moment.

Privacy and Security

We know that security is very important to our users. The account switching feature has been developed while keeping your security at the forefront. When you login to your account from a new device or location, you will receive an email alert with details of the login, for example regional location and IP address. To stay up to date with all of your logged in sessions, especially with account switching, you can refer to the “Where You’re Logged In” section in the Security Settings page.

What’s Next?

We’re excited to see how this new account switching feature will help with your Roblox experience, and we are planning to bring this feature to mobile next.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates, and until then, have a blast exploring Roblox! :video_game::sparkles:

291 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

Guess we can disable this feature in RoSeal! Thanks for adding this officially, it will be helpful for people.

54 Likes

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST UPDATES THIS YEAR :sparkles:

55 Likes

Gonna cross this off my “Native Features I’ve wanted for a long time” list. Thanks!

30 Likes

Gone are the days of using other browsers for other accounts!

42 Likes

Side note: we are working on integrating this within the creator site and other creator products (so you don’t need to hop to the main site first), stay tuned!

78 Likes

Agreed. best feature that they brought to the platform.

22 Likes

Can there also be an option, to use Authenticator App instead of getting an email alert when switching to another account?

19 Likes

this is an wonderful update. Thanks for bringing it out!

13 Likes

This is such a useful feature for testing games. I love it!

14 Likes

Me and my work account thank you

14 Likes

Something which people actually want, great lol. Still won’t let Roblox forget about the disgusting video call feature they released just a day ago… :> great job people who worked on this though.

P.S just did it, it saves me soooooo much time I love you(only the guys who worked on this >:( ) Does this also apply to Studio and Player?

16 Likes

Now I don’t have to sign in and out everytime I want to test a game with a different account!

11 Likes

Will this include an account switcher in Studio?

22 Likes

Great update, however, I’d be handy if you could remove an account from the Switch Accounts menu instead of selecting it and then logging off.

12 Likes

rare roblox W for once, nice

watch them follow this up with another bad update

19 Likes

This is the best update. we don’t need to switch into another browser! excited to see what’s coming next!

11 Likes

I noticed this in my settings and immediately used it.

Is this coming to the Roblox Player? If it’s there already, I can’t find it/haven’t received it yet.

9 Likes

they said, they are rolling this out over the next week. it takes time to roll it out for all users.

10 Likes