Introducing the Ban API and Alt Account Detection

I waited so long for this! I’m going to create a ban panel using this

17 Likes

omg i can get rid of these stinky exploiters now and these frickin bullyies that bully me in game!

14 Likes

How do we unban then ? Re-ban them for 0 seconds i assume ?

17 Likes

This is an amazing new addition! I really wish we had this earlier as this will be great to combat pests who won’t leave your game alone.

13 Likes

very interesting update however i still have some questions regarding about this update

1. is alt accounts detection already done / ready to be used?
  2. how will alt account detection work and will it impact regular players
11 Likes

That’s fun and all, until the troller just runs disk cleanup and alt accounts won’t be flagged anymore, good work roblox.

12 Likes

Real-time alt detection is a real (no pun intended) game changer for a lot of smaller games where the impact of ban evaders has a more adverse effect than it would on larger ones, thank you to Roblox for making this possible. I’ll be looking forward to implementing this in my projects.

12 Likes

okay now this is huge, im actually going to be using this

9 Likes

I want to see some Ws chat. Clip this post.

7 Likes

Finally! Even if I’m not banning anyone, I was looking forward to this being implemented. My question is… Does this system affect group memberships? Because groups REALLY need a ban system.

7 Likes

Finally! after many months waiting!!! its here!!!
thats-what-we-have-been-waiting-for

22 Likes

Finally, this is HUGE! This api has been needed for a long time, thank you! I do have one question though, could you ban a player that is not visiting the experience at that time?

8 Likes

I am a bit curious about what the intended way for appeals is, as you cant join the game then anymore nor are you allowed to lead users off platform directly / <13 people cant see the community links and thus if u don’t have your Messages public or just flooded I don’t see a good way to manage it easily for everyone? (Maybe I’m wrong here on some part if so I’m sorry)

Anyways its a great update and definitely makes ban management a whole lot easier! Also preventing banned players from repeatedly joining either.

21 Likes

I am very curious if there will be some way of banning users from all games created by the same creator using this API since someone potentially dangerous would just move onto another game made by the same user. This could greatly help deal with targeted harassment.

10 Likes

What ai?

It is developer controlled

10 Likes

Finally the platform is saved

I want to see games like Rogue Lineage or Deepwoken add this since most of them have alts and have one or two banned accounts

4 Likes

Fantastic!

Been waiting for this API for a while now. It’s a much needed change, excited to use it in our game :slight_smile:

I do have one question though, how does the alt detection work? How does it consider that one is an alt account?

6 Likes

How will the text filtering work?

Say if i was to make the ban message “Banned for breaking rule 3” then would it not go through cause the number 3 is included?

Seems kind of weird, i feel like it should have a separate filter rather than using the chat one, also certain words are filtered based on different age groups, how would it work with that? Is it based off of the offender or the owner?

13 Likes

wait i dont get it so if i have a alt account i get banned?

4 Likes

I second this, I would only ban an account for at most, a year, unless it did something extremely against the rules like exploiting.

6 Likes