Introducing the Maximum Framerate setting

Before this update, not once have I see any delay in any games I played using a FPS unlocker when reaching FPS above 240. Also just to clarify since I made it a bit vague, I wasn’t saying Roblox should increase the 240 fps cap, I was just pointing out why people want higher frame rates.

When trying to move around in studio at the 240 FPS setting the controls become extremely buggy and inverted (W makes me go backward S makes me go forward) and the camera movement rubber bands. Am I the only one having this problem or is it a bug?

fixed it by deleting 120hz patch plugin

Where did you get the idea that such is an awful way of programming from? Since the beginning of all games this has been a sensible consideration when it comes to optimizing performance across different devices with different hardware capabilities. Dynamically allocating execution time for various functions and “spreading the load” across multiple frames allows for snappy and responsive user experience regardless of the device. The tradeoff here is obvious, prioritize user experience by deferring any expensive long-running calculations at some interval in the frame to allow for other events (user input or game logic) to run, the next frame to be rendered, etc, all the while the user is oblivious to the heavy processing running in the background. The total execution time for the expensive work will of course double or triple factoring in the deferrals, but its usually not necessary for that expensive operation to be done within one frame. You could have all work be done in one discrete step, and if the user has a beefy cpu they just might be able to not skip a frame, but just about everybody else is going to have a noticeable frame skip.

how about a feature where devs can set that you can’t change the framerate?
or
make the max frameratefor your game. what it could be like:

game.StarterPlayer.CanChangeFrameRate = false
game.StarterPlayer.OnlyFrameRate = Enum.FrameRate.Rate144FPS
or
game.StarterPlayer.MaxFrameRate = Enum.FrameRate.Rate60FPS

or something like that :slight_smile:

The last time someone reported this it ended up being related to a camera plugin. I would check for that.

1 Like

There are no plans for an API like this and will likely not happen. What are your use cases?

1 Like

ehhh idk it would probably go to use by other devs usinging it for a system or something
or so they dont have to rewrite their redndersteeped scripts lol

but it make sense on how you wouldnt do it, based on the fac most people like this update

@Dogekidd2012 Where’s a 30 FPS limit? I have friends with low-end computers who could really use it

2 Likes

Are there any common fixes? My FPS is always stuck at 60 no matter what… I’ve tried FPS unlockers but they also don’t work.

Specs:
165Hz 1080p Monitor (60fps looks very choppy)
Nvidia RTX 3060
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
16 GB RAM

Good update but unfortunately as a Mac user at 100Hz I can’t make use of this right now. At least the unlock bypass still works! :slight_smile:

Very good update and I look forward to seeing more refresh rate options and Mac support.
Thanks Roblox team!

I can’t seem to be able to change my FPS from the Roblox menu and is stuck at 240 frames. Any fixes?

Actually fixed the issue. If anybody has the same issue, just delete roblox and reinstall.

Have you tried reinstalling Roblox? It worked for me

Reinstalled and still doesn’t work. Tried rbxfpsunlocker and also doesn’t work. No matter the fps setting, my fps is always stuck at 60.

Any chances of getting 30 FPS (or variable FPS) as an option in studio? I understand why this wouldn’t be added to the game client, but having a studio setting for this would be incredibly helpful.

please let us pick an FPS instead of hardcoding it
75hz monitors still exist

2 Likes

Is this not a good thing?? Physics should not be based on the framerate imo. isnt this known to have been bad from decades ago

i mean i think dark souls and skyrim just kinda broke/had exploits you could do if you had too much fps

and this trait is even shown in roblox, as you can do a super high jump easily on high fps, probably frame perfect but not sure, it still makes sense

1 Like

anyone else experiencing screen tearing with locked 60fps with the Vulkan renderer? not sure if it’s related to this update or not

I am not saying it would be a bad thing I am saying it would take time for it to be done.

No, this is pointless, any game that caps my frame rate I will leave and downvote.

2 Likes