Introducing the Maximum Framerate setting

This function has finally been released, and it’s a great opportunity for players to feel the release of frames per second

2 Likes

Ah, I see.
It did work, however it inverted my controls. A > D, W > S type deal. I set it to 240.

3 Likes

Aye, on studio on 120 it works for 5 seconds then it starts inverting. I don’t think studio was updated quite right to work with this.

3 Likes

Great Update!

CAN WE PLEEAAASSEEE GET THE ABILITY TO DISABLE V-SYNC??? :sob:

My game would run so much better without it. :melting_face::+1:

6 Likes

Thank you! The updates continue to improve significantly.

3 Likes

This is so revolutionary I cannot think anymore! :star_struck:

This is such a revolutionary feature I believe it will make rounds to your inventors. :thinking: :dizzy_face:

1 Like

I’m all for more FPS, but it’s funny that people want a frame rate higher than what most people can even tell the difference from. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Seems like a lot of wasted resources just to brag about refresh rates, but to each their own I suppose.

3 Likes

i have a 360hz monitor and i would really like an option :grinning: also at framerates higher than your refresh rate you reduce latency, so options above 360 would be very nice.

2 Likes

nice to finally see this still gonna be using my custom launcher because it supports exclusive full screen

1 Like

Are we ever gonna get an option for unlimited framerate cap? Also you should add a 165 option since some people (like me) use a 165hz monitor to game on.

2 Likes

We should be able to type it in, with the lowest value being 30 FPS.

3 Likes

By the way, camera in studio uses the “Bad Code” example and becomes faster if you change fps to something higher than 60 making it not follow studio camera settings

2 Likes

This is fixed in the “New Camera Controls” beta. This will eventually be fully merged in.

3 Likes

For many people, having a stable framerate is much more preferable to a jittery one, so if someone can’t consistently hit 60 frames, they’d often prefer to set it to something like 30, 40, or 50- all still playable framerates. This is because for them, consistency is preferable. This is more valuable in games like first person shooters, or other “quick” games when on low spec. hardware. A user in this case wants movement itself to feel consistent so that they can perform tasks that “feel” the same with the same movements, even if identical inputs do indeed result in identical outcomes.

This would be a good opportunity to mention that something like this is best done with a custom value, for example, someone would determine that 30 is too low, but 40 still jitters, and they’d want an arbitrary number like 34. This may or may not be possible, given engine quirks and limitations, but it’s a good reason to have that as an option.

In our playerbase, people tend to not have great hardware. So in my opinion, this should definitely be considered for an option in the future.

11 Likes

Aagghhh very nice a step towards realistic feeling games

1 Like

I would’ve never thought truly, but this is great.

RIP Bloxstrap Downloads, and also FastFlags :saluting_face:

awesome sauce, though we need an option to cap fps to 30.

I’m not sure if that’s possible but can you also bring this feature to consoles?

Glad that we have this now, this was very much overdue.