Introducing the Maximum Framerate setting

make sure to let us DEVELOPERS to LOCK framerate for our games, WE know our games best so we SHOULD have this option available

4 Likes

Thanks alot! Could you maybe also add a 165 FPS option?

1 Like
  • Having a consistent framerate when your computer can’t reach 60.
  • Matching the refresh rates of older monitors and preventing wasted frames.
  • Saving on battery life.
  • Aesthetic reasons. Classic players would love this option as “old Roblox” ran in a <60 framerate.
1 Like

See this: post:

1 Like

Let’s gooo!! Such a nice feature we have all wanted. Also a question, is there a plan to add values <60 into this setting? Thanks for the awesome update Roblox!

2 Likes

rbx fps unlocker developer can finally rest now because we got the official support

4 Likes

This is such an amazing update! Thank you

1 Like

After seeing my FPS default to 240, I went to change it to 120 and uhh, it didn’t apply the new setting. Even after rejoining, it’s still 240 FPS

6 Likes

30 FPS cap would be nice. I have many friends of mine who’s machines don’t even reach 60 FPS, especially when playing games, and a 30 FPS cap would make the gameplay feel less jittery.

And also testing code at lower refresh rates are good too. It’s a win win for both the developers and the players

5 Likes

I have a monitor that runs higher than 240hz… and not to sound spoiled but I am used to those higher frame rates. I’m not sure if it is just me but I can tell the difference between 240 and 500 fps.
Is it possible that roblox is going to add an unlimited or custom fps cap feature? Or maybe an option to disable it in all? Plus I like being able to set the fps with external json files for testing my scripts for delta time issues in studio.

5 Likes

This update is causing me to fly sooo much faster in Studio and I don’t like it.

3 Likes

i notice that changing client framerate on studio (only studio) also changes the server framerate, without much knowledge, can you explain this behaviour?

4 Likes

Why doesn’t this accept custom framerate caps? Why is it still missing some essential frame caps for most people lol

6 Likes

happy to see this sort of feature coming to roblox because its long over due

4 Likes

I have found a small issue with the fps limit, the movement speed of the studio camera speeds up when you change fps in studio!

1 Like

I even use framerates as low as 15 or 5 to test my code.

3 Likes

It has always been like this, for the longest time, if you increased your fps using old methods.

1 Like

This is a great update and all, but is there a way to set the maximum framerate something higher than 240? As a developer it’s a bit harder now to stress test my game to see how much FPS my game can handle, because it isn’t quite possible anymore, atleast using “DFIntTaskSchedulerTargetFps”.
One of my goals when developing a game was to atleast reach a stable 240 FPS, or ideally even more, like 300. Now it’s hard to tell whether the FPS are stable, or if a capped framerate is creating the illusion of stability.
I think Roblox should atleast let developers uncap their framerate in Roblox Studio so they could better and more easily analyze whether their game has any significant lag spikes (that else wouldn’t be visible when the FPS is capped), and in general allow for a greater look into the game’s performance.

5 Likes

Please give developers the option to cap the fps via these options
Due to physics stability deteriorating at higher fps I have to cap my game to 120fps via halting the entire simulation until the frametime matches 120fps in order to keep the game fair for more casual players.

6 Likes

Funny how this is not the case for the Roblox Studio free cam :slight_smile:

1 Like