Introducing the new Creator Store!

I’m a big fan of allowing selling via USD, however sellers should still be able to optionally allow users to purchase plugins/assets with Robux, even if it’s at a higher price.

9 Likes

I agree that USD selling is great, but it significantly reduces the audience of people who can buy plugins.

Many people have robux not specifically from being purchased but instead from development, commissions, etc. and are willing to pay more with robux due to its convenience. I want to reiterate I think this should be totally up to the seller, but not allowing sellers the choice to use the currency that is best for their audience seems unfair.

6 Likes

Are you genuinely insane? Do you think this is unity/UE? Your core playerbase are not multimillion dollar corporations unlike you (as a company). Roblox is not equipped to be an engine like UE and Unity. Most of us are young adults and teens with jobs that barely pay minimum wage.

This is absolutely the wrong foot to start on in this “new era.” ESPECIALLY after your payment processing platform for DevEX got inadvertently held for ransom due to being a major company behind Tipalti,

I’m all for the transaction of cash, as this company scrip stuff has always been borderline, but for assets in the toolbox? There is a better way to separate the development side of the platform from the player side without literally creating a divide most of us will not hop due to monetary means.

10 Likes

1 mildly malicious type of asset I still see commonly on Toolbox are items that don’t require welds and instances alike, yet have 50+ of them. Depending on the scale of this, it can noticeably cause performance decrease when either interacting in studio, game load, or depending on the application of the asset on run-time which contain this insane number of unnecessary welds.
More often than not, these assets are reuploads, and the original or an upload without this issue can be found.

3 Likes

Roblox doesn’t control Tipalti, Roblox cannot see or control what happens there. Tipalti is a 3rd party Roblox uses, not owned or created by Roblox themselves

2 Likes

I never implied they can see into Tipalti. (actually, they do have more knowledge than we’re aware.)
They however, should be doing this with better due diligence and timing when top creators have their personal information leaked because roblox was directly named in the data hostage.

2 Likes

Im sorry, but i call this a lie. Almost EVERY model i insert, theres atleast 1 Virus in it.

Before you make a statement, provide some actual proof. You don’t need to lie in our eyes!

this update is absolute TERRIBLE for people that don’t have credit cards. We should be given 2 Payment options instead, USD and Robux. Not just USD.

5 Likes

What do you mean by this? Roblox couldn’t off done anything about this.

1 Like

Good thing, i guess? I can’t see how swapping robux entirely out for USD is exactly a perfectly good thing. I personally believe cutting any sort of robux option from the equation may gatekeep a lot of creator store/marketplace assets to more successful and/or richer developers in general.

Also can’t wait for most assets on the marketplace to get a 2x-10x+ price spike with the switch from robux to usd…

2 Likes

I put together some thoughts on why USD pricing is a sensible replacement for Robux, at least for the professional offerings that the Robux paid marketplace was meant to foster.

9 Likes

They should be better with timing than they are right now. Who would willingly put their personal banking and billing information into a system that was leaked not long ago? I know they have two different payment processing platforms in use (Commercial vs Consumer), however, the one that feeds into this (commercial) is the one that is the problem.

Roblox also has an obligation to protect their creators.

1 Like

I haven’t seen much viruses. Maybe your intentionally looking for them?

1 Like

No, i was searching for models i was gonna use and also just exploring

1 Like

Roblox couldn’t of fixed this? It’s a 3rd party Roblox and other sites use.

1 Like

Maybe add animations to that list? :face_with_monocle:

This is great and all, however who is there to protect plugin developers IP? plugin source code is easily accessible after it’s downloaded once, what is being done to stop users from just copying the plugin and sending it to a friend.

If plugins cost USD this will further the gap for people willing to spend money on plugins fostering a larger environment for the underground free plugin market. What is being done to avoid free plugin marketplaces?

1 Like

You don’t seem to understand the consumer logic behind this. Politely, roblox has an obligation to keep creators safe. This includes the data they generate Why should we be conducting monetary transactions so soon until clarification is reached regarding tipalti?

Anyways, this is a dud argument. Totally falling behind my point in my post. Who is roblox’s target consumer to date? Why take out the one part of the equation that gives better access to development resources?

1 Like

People that think that this update is great, have no mercy on the average developer (mostly 9-17 from what i have experienced) with no credit card.

3 Likes

The developers do have to get payed one way or another. It was a Tipalti breach, not Robloxes. Why would you blame Roblox for something they can’t control?

Roblox only uses Tipalti to give the money to developers, they have no control on what goes over there

weren’t you just saying a couple replies above that u were excited for this update?