Introducing the new Creator Store!

After the new USD based Creator Store is live, you will no longer be able to buy or sell assets on Creator Store using Robux.

1 Like

What? Thatā€™d just saying that you have to use USD to buy IF itā€™s paid

1 Like

please add animations to the store. please.

3 Likes

SERIOUSLY???

If you are encouraging every developer to possess a credit card and an ID, you might as well completely disable experience creation for users under 18!

If developersā€™ assets are eligible to be sold, they must have the ability to sell their assets for real currency OR Robux OR offer them for free if they prefer (like they can currently).

6 Likes

I have robux I would want to spend, so do a lot of kids that want to make Roblox games.

The average 9 year old wonā€™t be able to convince their parents to let them spend money on a script that may not even work in their case. The average 9 year old can easily get robux tho, by the means of Pls Donate or just doing chores for their parents and earning a Roblox gift card.

Why canā€™t I use the robux? I am not even eligible for devex.

I understand that Roblox wants to move from Robux, but unfortunately its iconic and I have quite a bit of it.

Please bring the robux optionā€¦

3 Likes

Now I understand. I thought you were talking about whether or not it was USD-only.

3 Likes

wait, what happens to free models? does everything just become a dollar now?

2 Likes

No, youā€™ll just get the option to make it paid

2 Likes

Please keep this the way it currently is. Nobody wants or needs USD pricingā€¦

I guess I can suddenly post on my studioā€™s support bot now? Wasnā€™t expecting that.

1 Like

why even do this? to kill off all paid plugins and assets? assets on unity and other engine stores are way better value and you can get those games on marketplaces like steam. Roblox is trying to move from their old ā€œgame where ANYONE can make a gameā€ but in doing so they just become ā€œunity but missing all features from the last 20 yearsā€
i think the SOURCE ENGINE is more advanced than this one

Like i said on another topic related to this:

5 Likes

My plugin is exclusively aimed at European developers Iā€™m sure no one will buy the plugin for US dollars.
I will be forced to bypass this system by using the discord community and sell the plugin through a group and send people the rbxmx fileā€¦

the other way around this is always after paying via group, I set the plugin for a minute for free buyer picks up and again the plugin back at the price

2 Likes

Iā€™m with you on that bud, the moderation is atrocious and you never get help on what is apparently ā€œinappropriateā€ so you are just stuck on guessing and possibly getting more warns.

1 Like

I am very upset with this update, not least because the information provided is not clear. If plugins end up being sold for USD, will the plugins we currently possess be affected?

Will users be forced to repurchase all of their plugins with currency? Will Robux be phased out entirely? Will it be impossible in the future to purchase basic assets without using actual cash? Will this make the possession of Robux irrelevant?

There are many questions here that are not sufficiently answered. As the Roblox player base are primarily minors, it is concerning to think they will not be able to obtain many assets without actual money.

Also, as many have pointed out, many other people and I are concerned about payment methods. Robloxā€™s infamous issue with Tipalti makes many users uncomfortable with even giving information to Roblox. While they do not control Tipalti, that is irrelevant to how users trust placing real money into the platform. The fact of the matter is that many will not trust USD payments into this platform at the current time.

I would appreciate clarifications on these points and I think the scope of this update is far too wide and its implications too unsettling.

3 Likes

Its kinda late so Iā€™ll keep it short, but regardless of how much earnings I could ā€œpotentiallyā€ make from selling something in USD, 9 times out of 10 I would prefer to buy or sell in Robux.

Paying in real world currency feels like an over-complication and denies players who would of spent something otherwise. Just make it a toggle or something if your so set in stone on this kind of thing. Do listen to the feedback weā€™re giving, Iā€™ve already stopped using advertisements all together because of the changes done to currency in the past.

Everything else is nice but still overshadowed by the currency change. No one likes forced changes like these.

4 Likes

few people talk about the non-US market that doesnā€™t have US dollars, it gets more expensive when convertedā€¦

1 Like

What happens to Premium once ROBUX is phased out? No one will buy a Premium subscription without the stipend, which is the main catch of such a membership in the first place.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really like the USD option on marketplace, but I think safety changes implemented are a big improvement

3 Likes

As far as Iā€™m aware, this is only for the Creator Market and nothing to do with experiences or the Avatar Marketplace.

Thankfully Premium has no longer been needed to develop anything on Roblox anymore for quite some time now.

3 Likes

The only thing that bothers me about this change is that thereā€™s no option to still use Robux. With the DevEx rates still requiring 30,000 Robux before you can DevEx, and thatā€™s only once per month, that leaves most (newer) developers with the inability to buy any assets in this Creator Store. I donā€™t see why Robux earned via Creator Store purchases couldnā€™t be exchanged at a different rate, or having a way to exchange smaller amounts of Robux outside of the usual DevEx method.

To be clear, itā€™s not as though anyone needs anything from the Creator Store to develop a good experience on Roblox, but this seems more like creating a new problem to solve a different issue.

4 Likes

Could we get an analytic of how much less sales happen on creator store after the change?

If not public, atleast should be performed internally. I would expect a major decrease in sales. Robux does provide a massive convenience factor for many users. Itā€™s the platformā€™s virtual currency after allā€¦

Is there really no way to reach a compromise? Afaik the 30% tax is ā€œmade-upā€.
Canā€™t it just be disabled for plugins?
Canā€™t there be higher devex rates for plugin-earned robux?

Anyways, happy for plugin creators, but interested in seeing if itā€™ll actually help with the (my assumed) decrease in sales.

More money + lower sales = maybe higher profits??

For me personally this wonā€™t matter much, but I can see it be very disruptive to others.

1 Like