Introducing the Roblox Notable Translator Program [Pilot]

a bit limiting seeing that it’s only for these three languages at the moment

any plans in the future to expand it to other languages?

4 Likes

Love this goal, I have a strong feeling that this new Roblox program will undoubtedly become the doors leading to a successful career path in the field of translation.

I can’t wait. I know a few translators out there other than myself that would be qualified for Turkish, we could be of great use to Roblox.

I wish the best of luck to everyone interested in this program that’ll partake in their respected language test(s).

4 Likes

Google Translate isn’t a good way to translate, it can be detected easily

4 Likes

Yes, they are indeed going to expand on further languages.

1 Like

Sounds interesting! Hopefully this will help enhance the ability for other players to enjoy the games the play while being able to communicate from anywhere around the world.

1 Like

I’d tried, but I don’t know any of those lol, it’s time to download my duolingo back.
(Btw I can translate another language that I don’t really want to say)

1 Like

Hopefully they will have for the Netherlands in the future and they will adress the issues with moderation it moderate words what don’t need to be moderated and not words what needs to be moderated especially by the description

Bring this to PT-BR. I’m sure it’s a huge community and this program would help expand it even more!

1 Like

Why isn’t this opened for other languages too?
I mean, for example, Dutch, I think many members of the Dutch community would put their time into translating Roblox to Dutch, at least I know I would.
Maybe it would be cool if we have like a portal where we can translate Roblox into every language that you can select on Roblox.

1 Like

Which Portuguese? The real one or fake…

Hosted in Brazil? The one that already has the best connection with US servers?

the portuguese from brazil because for some reason in roblox only have the portuguese from brazil

1 Like

This is an absolutely amazing opportunity for any German, Japanese and Thai Translator on the platform! I hope every notable and eligible Translator gets their chance of attending in this Program.

2 Likes

This is definitely really good news! It’s been a while since there was actual progress to help freelancers who specialize in localization. Looking forward for more languages in a near future. Thanks for such chance!

I only speak English, wish there was a English to English translation option.

I find that limiting it to 3 languages is quite tight especially that there are other languages such as Arabic, French, Dutch, etc.

I, as a well-known Arabic translator, recommend to expand these options in order to raise opportunities for such other translators.

1 Like

only three languages? will there be more?

1 Like

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your submissions. It’s exciting to see the resonance of the group!

The candidates’ tests are now in review, and we will reach out individually within the next couple of weeks with your results.

After the completion of this pilot, we may open up the program to further languages.

Stay tuned!

6 Likes

Hello translators!

We have evaluated the submitted translations tests and candidates should receive an email with their results next week.

We’ve also put together Linguistic Resources for Translators with helpful hints to help elevate your translations on Roblox.

Happy translating!

2 Likes

Any estimated dates for the addition of other languages?

Congratulations and big thanks to all participants! A list including the first batch of Notable Translators was published here:

Notable Translators Program

If you’re interested in becoming a Notable Translator, feel free to apply for one of the currently supported 3 language pairs, or stay tuned as we open up the program to further languages.

2 Likes