Introducing Today’s Picks - A New Curated Sort on Home [Pilot]

Yeah… trans people are also human… everyone knows that by now…?

This actually partially reminds me of Scratch and their Featured Projects section, which I liked and displayed creators games without them doing algorithmic tricks.

I like this update, it’ll display games that would’ve needed to get pushed using advertisements, which usually cost money.

I also wan’t to know where I’d get notified if I get picked, are we able to choose where? Is it email? Is it DevForum? Where??

How would user personalization be handled?

It’s cool just I wonder how it would work in the long term.

1 Like

cool update guys, make sure to show all my games on today’s picks and then it’s even cooler

1 Like

Common Roblox W, we really appreciate it. We really really do.

<3

4 Likes

The point is that he shouldn’t have “As a trans person” in that post. @iGottic being a trans person doesn’t give them some sort of status or authority that makes their post more important, and it shouldn’t.

It’s just like me saying “As a woman” in front of every message a send. It’s unnecessary and just taking advantage of contemporary values to try to feel more important.

1 Like

At this point we’re starting fights just to fight huh.

3 Likes

As if it wasn’t clear in the post, Roblox formerly asked if you this:

IGottic IS apart of those communities, andso, adding that she’s a trans person (which is in the listen communties), and her opinion on the question being there.

She’s telling how she’s being unfairly boosted for something that doesn’t have to much relevance

(I somehow found the Twitter of IGottic when scrolling on Twitter, She explained it short and sweet:)

It would be weird to talk about why you shouldn’t get boosted for something without knowing the person getting boosted

To me, the question shouldn’t have that much relevance. Yeah diversity is great and all but the picked games should be based off the game, not the creator(s) community status

common sense, dude…

7 Likes

They probably added it to further their point

6 Likes

My current project doesn’t have enough content or monetization ability for me to be comfortable with submitting it. That said, I think the sort is a nice idea. It doesn’t serve my needs of wanting to find more niche specific content, but yeah. I see that some would greatly enjoy this.

I’d love if this was available on PlayStation and Xbox. I assume those platforms are not easy to work with -maybe a push limit for updates- as to why they aren’t supported here. Could this be responded to?

Maybe because people don’t support console as much? I know that games used to show up on console, and be recommended, even if that game did not support console. I’m not sure if that issue got fixed. But if not, I assume that’s gotten in the way of things.

Edit: The issue mentioned above is apparently fixed. I’ll do some testing when I can to confirm.

2 Likes

Don’t I as a minority have a right to speak on why I believe my community has right to affirmative action.
Igottic isn’t the only minority here.

Do I not also deserve a voice in the matter?

1 Like

Probably just an outage. If it doesn’t fix, make a bug report.

1 Like

I never said you don’t have a voice, although your voice probably isn’t really the more “majority” one

To me, being in those communities shouldn’t boost a game out, the game itself should boost itself up.

We’re all different and I wan’t to know more about your stance on the question.

1 Like

Amazing update!

This seems really interesting and I just finished filling in my survey.
Glad to see ROBLOX doing more things like this!

3 Likes

The goal of affirmative action is to end socioeconomic disparities.

I used to wonder why my community had to suffer so much. The politics were super confusing. It was said to me, “The area you come from started out as low income housing, and the needs of the community were neglected. Housing is not enough to fix poverty.”

And that’s as simplified as it can get.

2 Likes

This is very exciting news! I wish best of luck to everyone here, this is an amazing opportunity for small Roblox developers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

the fact this is only for games that have pc, mobile, and tablet support is kinda iffy. for small games or newly made games, you really just have to focus on one platform for a little while. not only so you’ll build up an audience there but also because it takes time and thought into redesigning your controls from PC to mobile or vice versa.

1 Like

You will not believe the disappointed sigh that came out of me the moment I saw the thumbnails they used…

7 Likes

Seeing the AI art made me sad. Doesn’t Roblox have a better catalogue of stock images to choose from?

Anyways, it’s a cool idea… the discovery page becomes more irrelevant by the day.

5 Likes

There is absolutely no politics involved here.

What everyone here is stating is that all games should be judged on the basis of merit. It’s an equal playing field for everyone: suggesting some should be elevated above others implies that those minorities aren’t capable of succeeding themselves and is ironically then just discrimination.

Many people from these groups have spoken up against this (along with everyone else I’ve talked with). I advise you to re-read people’s replies and actually take a bit to consider what you are advocating for.

12 Likes

Thank you, You basically summarized everything I’ve been saying.

1 Like

The worst part is they are literally knock offs of real games!