Introducing Today’s Picks on Marketplace

This new feature sounds pretty dope!! I’m excited to see it in-use and at the same time its exciting to hear that you’ll be featuring different items every day picked by your editors, i think its a great way to show off all the cool stuff people make on roblox.

I have a few questions though:

• 1 - In the future will there be options for users to customize or fillter the types of items they see based on their interests?

• 2 - Will there be efforts to feature items from lesser-known creators to help them gain visiblity, or is the focus mainly on already popular creator?

• 3 - How often can a creator’s item be featured in “Today Picks”? Is there a limit on how many times the same creator or item will be on it

17 Likes

i still try do should pet but its not let me save to sale it what am i doing worng?

14 Likes

There is this statement in the FAQ:

It also says “current price,” so I wouldn’t stress over a fixed price since it is for the duration of the selection process.

12 Likes

You need at least the Roblox Premium 1000 and up.

12 Likes

Hopefully this is done better compared to the home page.

10 Likes

Probably so that they can get more from each sale.
My items are already expensive enough for most people, I hope my stuff can still be considered even though its not overpriced.

13 Likes

Actually my birthday😅
I think its a cool idea. Sometimes you dont know what to do with your robux, just look at today’s picks! Cool for players too.

Note

I am not an ugc creator.

14 Likes

This is a great update! It will be helping creators a lot in terms of being able to get their products out to more people and hopefully in the near future it is able to be expanded so it becomes even better

14 Likes

Thats really a great idea because this will have more visibility for some items in the catalog !!
I really enjoy .

13 Likes

Wow! i think this update is gonna be cool and helpful for UGC creators!

14 Likes

This is a great feature! We need more ways to filter through all the low-quality UGC in the catalog.

15 Likes

Most of the sorts (well, the game sorts anyways) do use an algorithm. That said, it has some problems, as many users pointed out here. The appeal of Today’s Picks is that, instead of risking the kind of issues discussed in this post, the staff intentionally choose the games in this one sort.

13 Likes

Regardless it’s kind of weird for them to “prioritize” items above the current set price when they change their default price for lots of items almost daily. It’s like they forgot they have dynamic pricing we never really have control over our item prices regardless. One day shoulder pals are 35 robux and the next they are 65 robux. The only real chance this has is if you price your items like 200+ the default prices set which results in NO sales.

15 Likes

We have Treasure Hunt Simulator on Today’s picks practically every other day so i don’t believe anything good can come of this

19 Likes

If the 2D catalog was filtered properly this would’ve been amazing for 2D designers, but I’m also really glad UGC creators are being given this opportunity too :relaxed:

25 Likes

It looks interesting and convenient for mobile device users. Honestly, I have no complaints GGS :partying_face:

9 Likes

win i make it it come up erroer do i need put a face on it?

I really love this update! I didnt knew about it until today, just because one of my items got featured in it!
It doubled the amount that it usually makes, only thing is that it would’ve been nice if i got any type of notification about my item being featured, since i dont have this just because im not from any of the regions that this feature is in.
But anyways, hope more creators get the same luck and get their items featured! :grin:

1 Like

Congratulations!!! I hope you get more items featured!!!

1 Like

This feature has given me a drastic improvement in sales! I have had a few items get featured so far and each time the sales of that item go crazy! I normally sell a total of 3-5 items a day on average. When one of my items gets featured, I get dozens of sales per day.

My item “Friendly Pirate Ghost” just got featured and between today and yesterday has gotten around 70+ sales. THANK YOU for this great feature. I am very excited to see others get selected and start having their work blow up!!! Big W feature.