Introducing Two Game Security Settings: Third Party Sales & Cross Game Teleports

This game is called “The Edge of Security”!

2 Likes

That is already a thing since a very long time.
See TeleportService on the Developer Hub and TeleportService:Teleport on the Developer Hub

Yeah but that’d also break scripts like Adonis/Basic Admin/Whatever that prefer to use loaders to not have easily open source code.

2 Likes

That’s why it should be an option.
Developers like me will just download that modulescript and insert into Adonis ourselves.
Adonis can update their loader to show a message ingame for users to enable a setting.

2 Likes

Cross game teleporting has always existed, they’re now providing options for game creators to lock their game from cross game teleporting to protect their players.

1 Like

I’m sure they won’t be releasing this soon until they release a fix for how they’ve cut private modules from developers with no sandboxing yet for over a year.

It would be a very nice touch if they do manage to release something like that, sandboxing and requesting for access to use each thing.

2 Likes

LOL REKT VIRUSES LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

yay a good update, unlike many other updates that have happened in the past

5 Likes

This is going to be super helpful for new Developer as they don’t know much anyways Amazing work By Roblox Developers right there!

1 Like

Thank you roblox for this update

1 Like

Thank you for this!

RIP VIRUSES LOL

1 Like

What does third party mean? If I enable, will it work for me to teleport? How does it know if its third party?

1 Like

Good idea. I think that along with a whitelist system, a blacklist system would be useful to block specific games that you keep getting teleported to or for models that keep getting advertised. Much of the time it is only focused on one specific game, such as a “Loading…” place.

For games that use/require 3rd place teleportation, blacklisting certain game IDs can help.

3 Likes

Thank you team! I’ve been helping as much as I can with these backdoor scripts. got to have a great conversation with mr_purrsalot about these scripts!

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if these are disabled by default? I believe they should be. People putting models in their game might not even know these features exist.

1 Like

Can confirm this myself, it was also mentioned in the post

3 Likes

Another different question, but is it possible to buy a devproduct from another game/group?

1 Like

Roblox should have an optional whitelist system to only allow specific domains for http requests.

2 Likes

This still leaves me to ask the question: “How is enabling studio access to API services a security related topic; and why does it even exist?”

1 Like

This is really helpful, thank you for adding these new features. I’m not gonna use free models on my games, but for people that are starting out and have to use free models this update is really helpful!

1 Like

Hope in the future there will be Third Party Modules