Introducing UIDragDetectors [Studio-only Beta]

This is gonna be so useful thank you for realising this

11 Likes

Thank you! Iā€™ve been looking forward to this for a while now. Canā€™t wait for this to become live and use it in my games/experiences :smile:

16 Likes

Wow this beta came in clutch, very needed, yes. Thank you for the update.

15 Likes

Weā€™ve been waiting years for this :sob: :sob:

23 Likes

absolutely LOVE this, sliders are so easy now

13 Likes

very very trueā€¦ hopefully we get keyframe mirroring for the default animator this year or next year, itā€™s also very needed.

14 Likes

Canā€™t wait to see the future of house decorating games and what cool mechanics people will make with this! Truly a time-saver of an update.

13 Likes

Oh my lord, finally, thatā€™s gonna make work so much easier. Letā€™s go, what a W update

11 Likes

Finally! :raised_hands:
Gonna test them tomorrow.

9 Likes

Yay :smiley:

Now settings menus, inventory menus, and character customization menus will be easier to make!

12 Likes

And here I was, about to make my game a settings panel. Perfect timing, thank you Roblox. :pray: :pray: :pray:

10 Likes

This is so awesome! Cant wait until the full release!!

9 Likes

AMAZING!!! Iā€™M IM LOVE WITH THIS UPDATE. I hope this get outs of the beta quickly :pray: :heart:

9 Likes

A very minor critique but is there a reason we have to set a function using SetDragStyleFunction instead of just using a callback?

8 Likes

Its about timeā€¦

(rip draggable bool :sob::sob::sob:)

9 Likes

I stopped breathing the moment I squinted my eyes to see clearly.

How long have we been missing out this feature? You are finally bringing something that the UI-Scripting community had struggled with and had to face the disadvantages of using mouse click event for mobile devices.

13 Likes

this is great! no more having to create custom slider handlers!
off-topic, but are there any plans for adding something like ā€œUIBlurā€ for UI background blurring?

16 Likes

You can definitely set the ResponseStyle to a custom one (or whatever else if you wish to do so) and implement your own logic to call in the Drag Eventsā€“ it would just be another way of implementing a custom drag behavior!

11 Likes

:pray::pray::pray: this changes so much. I have been wanting an easier way to mess with dragging for a while now. Thanks Roblox, look forward to using it!

8 Likes

I just mean the design for implementing this feature, like why you chose a method for customizing the dragging behaviour in place of a callback (dragDetector.DragStyleFunction = function...)?

It just struck me as a bit out of place because, from what Iā€™ve noticed at least, usually these customization behaviours where there can only be a single assigned behaviour at a time are done via callbacks (first ones that come to mind are the textChatService ones)

9 Likes