Introducing UIDragDetectors [Studio-only Beta]

Exactly on the good moment it come out when I release my plugin update (today) what have the ui dragdettectors

But how works the drag to resize windows @PrinceTybalt @DeFactoCepti I can use for my plugin I made it responsive so user can drag the frame to make it bigger

Only the ui from the test place is kinda broken on mobile

And the black dit sucks on your screen

3 Likes

This is EPIC! Seriously epic! This will make interactive UI elements so much easier and less time consuming to create.

One thing Iā€™d love to see later down the line is the ability to combine this UIDragDetector with the Path2D Instance to allow us to create custom paths for dragging!

Amazing work guys!!

3 Likes

I remember I spent a day trying to figure out how to make a UI slider.
I now use a specific module that I made by myself, but this new UIDragDetector will save a lot of time for new devs, or generally any dev I think. Thats a great thing.

Is it possible for UIDragDetectors to drag other instances entirely? For example here i wish the actual ā€œInventory-1ā€ instance to be dragged and NOT the instance the UIDragDetector is parented to.

1 Like

duplicate that and parent it to the root of Inventory-1

1 Like

Iā€™m seeing more impressive features being added, and fixes to older systems. Iā€™m proud of Robloxā€™s current direction.

1 Like

I donā€™t need the entire window to be draggable. I only need a specific area of it to be draggable.

i mean the hierarchy should be this

Inventory-1 (Frame)
  |  UIDragDetector
  |  Detail
  |  Resizers
  |  UICorner
  |  UIStroke
  |  Page
  |  Topbar
  |  BackgorundLogo
3 Likes

I know what you mean, but as ive said before i only need a specific area of the window to handle the dragging of the entire window.

This update is awesome

Imagine the biggest smile on my face rn when i saw it

1 Like

Hey Iā€™ve been noticing framerate drops when moving things within more complex UIā€™s. The framerate drops seem to happen universally although inconsistently (Sometimes when starting to move a UI element with a UIDragDetector there may not be any frame drops at all). They happen for ScreenGuiā€™s too though its not as bad.
Hereā€™s a video of the issue. In the video i am comparing UIDragDetectors (the white box) with my own draggableā€™s solution. Said framerate drops do not occur with my own ui draggable system.

5 Likes

is the weird buggy cursor normal?

6 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing for a UI Slider!

Simply amazing. ROBLOX never fails to impress me on either really awful updates or really amazing useful ones. Thanks guys!

3 Likes

When the thing gets out of beta, expect me to replace your UI editor with my own!
This thing is so powerful, being able to use it while in edit mode.

1 Like

Try using the BoundingUI property of the drag detector.

That property does something else entirely.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been having the same issue! Editing the example place in studio also brings up interesting results.

1 Like

finally an alternative to dragging that hasnt been droppedā€¦

3 Likes