Introduction thread for new forum members

1. I found Roblox on YouTube.

2. I started developing when a good friend of mine introduced me to Roblox Studio.

3. My main goal is to bring my fictional world to life and share it with others.

4. I am primarily a scripter.

5. I love science fiction and intense music.

Welcome to the dev forum happy to have you !!!

Hello there! I have been following the developer forum for a while. I am Catsrulenow, and I originally had ROBLOX recommended to me by a friend back in 2013. I originally dabbled a bit in developing back when you could earn Tix through game visits, but it really took off in the last year or so. My current goal is to develop an intellectual property/idea universe that I can eventually take off-platform and expand upon. My greatest achievement so far is probably my group tied to my goal, Cato Army. I managed to turn it from a dead group to an active one, growing it in the process. I dabble in most of the roles, but prefer building. The final thing Iā€™d like to include is that I focus mainly in Science-Fiction.

Hi all,

I was introduced to Roblox by a friend about a year ago. I became interested in game development after playing the games for a little while, and I wanted to be in controll of what happened.

Iā€™m learning scripting in the hopes that I can become a proficient dev on the platform. Iā€™m still not very good, but I have high hopes for the future :slight_smile:

I would probably categorize myself as a scripter/ game designer, but Iā€™m still relatively new to the scene of development

Hope you all have a great day,
Mithrandir6440

4 Likes

Hello. I am a new member in the DevForum, and I have been Developing for almost 5 years now. My name is Dev_Chrome. I am 17 years of age and I am happy that I finally made it in!!!

Some may know me from my past username: PhyscoFrost, PhyscoDev, lxful_Dev, blvexskies.

I cannot wait to start developing for new groups and members!!

Please follow me on Roblox. Would do me good.

2 Likes

Hello. I not new to DevForum and I have been on roblox for nearly 5 years and have been developing for a year and half. Iā€™m 13 years old and I will be a regular on the forum. You may see you on the forum. If you have any issue for any of my games or my contact me on my Discord Maradona#6787. My dream job is a astronomer but like other subject. I love Roblox from the bottom of my heart (as well as Fifa). For now I am making a fustal and maybe for all the time Iā€™m will be on Roblox. Here Is my twitter But if going Dm on twitter I going tell you I have some personal thoughts on the world and you may too (Nevertheless we can be friends) @PoozeshSepanta and reddit (Reddit - Dive into anything) :grinning:

1 Like

Hey everyone! Iā€™m new here, and Iā€™m glad to be here.

Iā€™m Aerovixa, I consider myself as a game Programmer. I found Roblox in around 2016, where I used to play on my phone. I started development and learning things in around 2017-2018, where Iā€™m currently working on a game with my developers @iicoconutxo, @RealKennethP, and my builder whom doesnā€™t want to be shared towards the public.
My current goals are to make the game as enjoyable, and entertaining for others throughout the Roblox platform, thereā€™s major improvement/progress towards the game every single day and hoping to release in 2021!

Thanks for reading!

1 Like

Hi, im xxsuper, I know its a lil embarrassing as I chose the name when there was a xx(name)xx trend. Though im good with that and want to change it in the future. Here is my introduction.
Youtube was a big reason of me joining ROBLOX, its truly a wonderful game and you can achieve whatever you imagine.
Robux, yes the thing that ROBLOX features and is a very important part of ROBLOX, I figured out a way to get robux for my work on roblox.
I want to be one of the best Gfx artist/ UCG creators out there.
I am mainly a roblox GFX artist for now because being at my age UCG is a bit too much.Australian Army.|498x500
:blush: thatā€™s it, thank you for reading this.

1 Like

Hey guys my name is Oli. I first played roblox back in 2009. The game has changed so much since then! I am now studying software engineering and thought itā€™d be awesome to come and learn lua and work on the platform that brought me so much joy as a kid.

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi guys! Iā€™m happy to be here.

I just opened up my own studio during the start of the pandemic. I have made a few story games you guys might know: (Virus Story, Christmas Story, Halloween Story, Murder Story, Prison Break Story). Iā€™m glad to finally be accepted as a member here and look forward to possibly working with some of you!

2 Likes

Hello those who read this, I first came to roblox back in 2013 when I got my first laptop. I have been learning coding and working on various side projects in a bunch of different languages and platforms since then, now all these years later I have started to make roblox my current platform of choice for my coding endeavors. I specialize in programming, and I recently managed to find a team of people who needed one! I look forward to working with this Community and learning all about coding for roblox games.

Hello my name is Izzy4101. Iā€™ve been on ROBLOX since 2012, and have loved it ever since. Always wanted to develop a game, so I am doing that today. Thank you for letting me into the devforum!

1 Like

Welcome! You can find a lot of resources here. Welcome to the cool kids club :sunglasses:

Hello my name is Dandcx. Many people call me dand. Join 2013 as a guest, didnā€™t play much until 2017, where I got addicted with games like galaxy and tradelands, one of my friends got heavily into developing and his creations were so cool it inspired me to do so too. Currrently a very Intermediate scripter and the dev forums have helped me out a lot.

1 Like

Hey there, I found Roblox back in 2015 and Iā€™ve loved every aspect of this beautiful website and community.

I first started development as an Interface Designer when I used a plugin called RoStrap which had a very elegant, user-friendly and clean interface. It also intrigued me to try and create one of my own and here I am!

Currently I have no goals or achievements but I strive to be an amazing developer.

Iā€™d consider myself a decent UI Designer and a professional Programmer as I know more than just Lua.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is ViktorJagermann, but my friends call me Vik.
I found ROBLOX a long time ago in 2008 from an ad on google. Roblox was always a big aspect of my life, and today as a university student, I still find myself returning to it as a little hobby for development side projects that I can do with my friends. People might recognize me from a long ago military group called Robloxian Military or RM for short. Iā€™ve made plenty of friends on there, with some even coming back to say hello. If you ever recognize me from somewhere, donā€™t be afraid to say hello!

Hello! Im GdGdGs24! I actually have no idea how i found roblox, tho it was problably from browsing on youtube, I got started because uh. because i wanted to make games! yeahā€¦, My Goals are: 10K visits, My role is Scripting and Building,I cant spell certain things, I dont know why.

Hello! Iā€™m new here. Have been playing for awhile but building for a week. I currently am a student in computer aided drafting and design aka CAD. Specifically have used autocad but have discovered the fun of building for games through roblox studio and blender. Modeling is closely related but very different to what Iā€™ve been doing for school. It is however close enough to let me understand building concepts a little better. My current goal is to be a builder as a second job/hobby. Glad to finally be part of the forum.

Hello, Iā€™m Crazys! I have been on this platform for about 4 years now. I forgot how I found this platform but it was probably from Youtube or something. I first started ā€œdevelopmentā€ about 3 years ago with my odd game ideas mostly for quick laughs and stuff (they didnā€™t last long). I watched youtube tutorials at first and then started using the developer forum and hub for my creations. My current goal is to make games that are worth playing for people and especially my friends. Iā€™m an average Programmer because of my knowledge of Lua, Java and Javascript. I donā€™t have a lot of experience with building, gfx, etc. Thatā€™s all I wanted to share.

Happy Christmas! :christmas_tree: :grin:

1 Like

I found Roblox maybe 2017, and I was a little bit interested in the game because there are lots of games on one Website.

I started developing games on Roblox about 2018, but I donā€™t have any experience in programming and any other development stuff so I stopped. This year, in the month of July, is started learning again and it was a little difficult but I did handle it xD.

Iā€™m currently building a role-playing game, I also want to improve my programming skills and building.

Iā€™ll say 70% Programmer because I Love to code, like I feel good when Iā€™m scripting things and figuring out how to fix something. Also I love UI designing and modelling.

I really wanā€™t to join a developer team xD Thatā€™s all <3