Inventory [ NEED HELP ]

What is toolbar, the button on top?

When you remove the Backpack coregui, the ~ key doesnt open the backpack gui when you press it, but both the hotbar and that rectangle gui will both be disabled

The one on the middle bottom? Where there’s lists of your tools from 1-10?

Yes it will get removed if you disable backpack, but the ~ won’t open any menu

So there is no possible way to keep/enable the Backpack GUI where u press “~” while disabling the hotbar/toolbar.

I ask this because I can only make custom hotbar but I can’t make the inventory…

You don’t need to make the inventory, the inventory instance will be there by default

toolbar
So i want to disable this one. This is what I called tool bar/ hotbar
But, I still want to enable this below, this is what I called inventory
invent

I think when I already give pictures you will understand what I mean

You cannot do that, once you disable the inventory, both the toolbar and inventory gui will be disabled

Ah so that mean I have to make my own Inventory GUI? Do you know where’s the good resources?

Yes, you have to make your own gui

Not sure, this might be helpful video

I saw this is more into the tool bar not the inventory.

Why don’t you make a custom inventory too?

Yeah that’s why I asked if there’s good resources maybe that I can easily understand, because i don’t know how, like i can drag from the tool bar to the inventory

[disable the backpack core gui if you want a custom inventory]

You can try making a custom inventory, then, you can use UserInputService for ~ and dragging the tool UI’S.

You can always look on the internet if your stuck on something, and/or look at the Roblox Development Wiki

As far as a custom inventory goes, the Roblox inventory is open-sourced. You can use that as you want.

I’ve had a more in-depth discussion about some of its functionality and how it works in an older thread which you’re welcome to read.

Inventories are pretty straight forward given a traditional understanding of how Roblox works.

• You’re going to need a UI piece that opens and closes.
  • You’re going to need some system that tracks what exists in your inventory, and where it is located (I discuss this at length in the thread I linked above).

Provided that you don’t need gridlike functionality inside of your inventory system- you can make incredible usage of UIListLayout to automatically handle alignment without writing a custom function to solve where things should land.

But how to make so if the toolbar drag to the inventory it will move to the inventory? What should i check, position or what?