Inventory UI Design Feedback

I’ve recently created this Inventory UI and was looking for some feedback.

I was wondering if there may be anything that could be changed, improved upon, or whatever else may make this UI look better. The orange colours are due to a hint towards the old fallout NV UI.

The character on the left is for a later use in displaying player’s armour and clothing.

Almost forgot, but below is what the inventory looks like with items in it.

Any advice is a huge help. Thanks for viewing this in the first place.

8 Likes

Not a big fan of ‘drop item’ having such a large, dedicated button, I’d move that to a drop-down, key binding or drag event (like dragging stuff out of your inventory in minecraft and clicking)
Font on ‘inventory’ should be same as the rest, possibly removed since the UI is recognizably an inventory at a glance
If the bottom row is a hotbar you can use number keys to move between, a little number within the grid like the top left could help guide the player to learning the key bindings

3 Likes

Thank you for the advice, I have taken this and changed the according things.

Currently not sure how I feel about having the amount of the item in a slot having the text it does now :thinking:

4 Likes

Looks pretty okay, I would suggest adding a UICorner to the Inventory slots, though.

2 Likes

This actually never crossed my mind, but I really am a fan of this.

4 Likes

Interesting, my feedback is : you could indeed make a survival game about this or anything you want.
BTW, if the limit of a food is 5, i request to make it limit to at least 15 or 18.

Hope this helps…!

This UI looks very good! I would just make the character UI (white squares on the left) less transparent, and a bit brighter. Other than that, this UI is good, nice job on it!

Currently they are just placeholder stack sizes, but thank you

Will do! Thank you for the suggestion