Inverse Kinematics Crashes Roblox Studio

Hello,
Issue:
Inverse Kinematics crashes whenever you move or rotate a part

Frequency:
All the time, every time, everywhere, and everyone

Proof:

Reproduction:
Open roblox studio on any game, open the default animation editor, enable IK, and do anything. I can guarantee a crash.

Expected Output:
It doesn’t crash

What I get:
It crashes

TL;DR
Inverse Kinematics Crashes Roblox Studio

- Br, iSyriux

4 Likes

Greetings,

I read through your other topic. This is quite possibly a Studio Error on your side as it works fine for me.

Please, before you say anything, just listen, I do not want any trouble. Any complaining and I will just ignore you and leave it to someone else.

First:

Please remember to use the right topic. I noticed you filled out the format correctly. However, you may have select the wrong topic by mistake. The correct topic would be #bug-reports. Here is where you can get more detailed information on what to do as well as possible contact by roblox staff on what to do next.

As stated before, there are steps you must follow in order to attempt a fix with this issue. Yes, I agree it could simply be a plugin issue but the plugin is connected to studio, reinstalling studio will install a fresh version which should clear up your issue.

Firstly, please follow the steps a user posted in your previous post:

Do this: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203552894,
If it doesn’t work then try re-installing Roblox studio,
If that doesn’t work then try this: https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/203552894
If that doesn’t work either do this:

1. Open the Roblox Studio
  2. Log into your account if you haven’t already
  3. Open FILE > Settings…
  4. Click Reset All Settings
  5. Close the studio window

If that doesn’t work then:

1. Uninstall Roblox from your computer
  2. Open the Command Prompt. In Windows 10 you can open it by Start > All apps > Windows System > Command Prompt.
  3. Type in the following commands:
  • cd AppData\Local (then press enter)
  • rmdir /s Roblox (then press enter)
  • Enter “y” when asked to answer (then press enter)
  1. Restart your computer
  2. Reinstall Roblox

If THAT doesn’t work then: Please try creating a new Windows account on your computer. Here are some Microsoft help articles on how to create a new user: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows - Microsoft Support

SECONDLY:

Make sure your connection is stable, your studio is up to date and you haven’t messed with the settings. I’m not saying you have, just make sure everything is normal. (Keep in mind, reinstalling a fresh version of Roblox Studio will adjust everything back to normal.

I understand that this can be annoying. Please keep in mind that the best thing you can do is reinstall and try the steps above. If none of that works, then yes, you will have to go through the process with ROBLOX. As much as this may be annoying, look at the bigger picture, once this is fixed you can go back to doing what you like.

EDIT: Just saw you moved it to bug reports, thanks :slight_smile:

Hope this helps, have a great day!
Void

1 Like

This definitely isn’t happening for me. Make sure you don’t have any other plugins conflicting with it.

1 Like

Hello,
Here’s some information that is crucial for you to know:
I have been experiencing this problem since yesterday, and each time I do IK it crashes. My internet connection is perfectly fine or else I wouldn’t be able to message on here.
Second, I haven’t messed with my settings at all. It just started happening for me randomly out of the blue yesterday and I am not sure why.

Hello,
I understand that plugins can interfere with the animation editor, but I have not downloaded nor updated a single plugin since before yesterday.

Hello,
It is also important to realise that the “help” that the user provided me in the last post does not actually help me, as it is simply a message derived from an automated email sent by a bot from customer support, which has nothing to do with development, let alone my current topic at all.

1 Like

Hello, sorry to hear about that.

After following your reproduction steps exactly, I am not having this issue. Please do follow the steps above to reinstall your Roblox Studio.

For more info, you can follow this guide

Hello,
Will reinstalling roblox studio reset my studio settings? As I have important information and settings saved on there I might not be able to pinpoint and I have fogotten.

These messages may be automated to you. There are people behind those messages that manage it. Whatever ROBLOX sent, is what you need to do. They created the game, so I think they know what their doing. Please follow the steps above. I will not discuss this any further than it needs to go, it’s as simple as following the steps above to attempt a fix.

Correct, this will reset your studio settings. Take screenshots of anything important that you want to keep (script fonts etc). This will take time, but it’s worth it in the end.

Hello,
Alright. I have reinstalled roblox studio and I can safely report I am still experiencing the same issue. On top of that, all my settings including my script editor theme has been reset. In addition, these messages are factually automated, sent and managed by an outdated algorithm whose job is to search for keywords pertaining to the security and moderation of roblox, with very little help and information regarding the development scene. As such, it is also important to point out that roblox staff do not manage the moderation team, which includes roblox support tickets. Roblox Staff would have provided a much clearer solution regarding this topic, as well as questions and sentences related to the conversation of interest. This copy-pasted snippet includes none of that, and probably were not related to the same topic. Furthermore, it is advised that one must not take everything someone says on the internet as truth, as misunderstanding, as you have provided will arise from doing so.

Hello,

That’s okay, I won’t argue on your opinion, if you feel that’s how it works, then that’s fine by me. I’m not here to argue about how roblox operates, so lets try stick to the topic (both of us)

Have you tried the other steps above, reinstalling was one of the many steps stated.

Hello,
Could you perhaps record and send a video of you using inverse kinematics in the roblox animation editor right now as proof that I am the only one experiencing this issue? As I find it quite hard to believe that a problem, seemingly risen out of the blue yesterday could have ever pertained to the scope that my studio could have been malformed, and that a studio reset is necessary in order to resolve this issue.

Absolutely, I can do that. I will be back in 5 minutes. May I ask what recording software you use so I can take a longer video?

Hello,
I use bandicam.
Also, I have tried many of the steps you have sent, excluding the least plausible and most difficult and outlandish one (Resetting my microsoft profile??)

I agree, that is a bit far. I’m sure we can fix it, I’ll be back in 5 minutes to help you further.

Okay, I’m back sorry about that, I’ll send the video in a few minutes, I just have to set up the recording software.

While I’m doing that I noticed you said that it didn’t have anything to do with your plugins (in your previous post). I’m not saying I don’t trust you, but if you could, please send me a screenshot of all your current active plugins just so I can look into them and make sure they are by trusted users.

Hello,

Hello, thanks for that.

Here’s the video:

Just a follow up from your plugins.

I noticed that it’s most likely your plugins, here’s how to fix it

Disable all plugins you haven’t used in the last 2 days, ones that you haven’t used in 1 month +, remove them.

The animation editor plugin is from 2014, and it’s broken so it could be interfering with studio features, as well as other plugins.

My suggestion is to remove all your plugins and try, then enable the ones you need.

Thanks,
Void