Investing into a revamp of my game

Roact is another tool created by a Roblox staff member (its also used in the Mobile app, CoreGui and I believe Xbox client?) thats based on Facebook’s React.

It’s actually been shown off at RDC a couple of years ago!

link here: Build GUIs with Roact & Rodux

EDIT: I should also note that the engine itself is written in C++, so I wouldn’t get my hopes up on it being for us developers.

1 Like

Alternative programming languages for Roblox (that I’m aware of):

Typescript is the most widely and supported one though.

I don’t mean to burst your bubble, but in no way, shape, or form is the stuff you showcased so far worth $2,800,000 USD.

Roblox is incredibly unpredictable. As of now, the majority of the platform consists of children that do not see the difference in quality. It is safer to invest this money into creating your own studio outside of the platform. If you wish to revamp your game, consider using Roblox’s % payout feature. Skilled developers prefer this method of payout and it’s much safer for both parties.

Just a thought.

4 Likes

I unfortunately would disagree. Racing games aren’t “in” right now, and are repetitive and eventually get boring. I’m not sure about your game concept, but your budget is certainly too high. Don’t spend just because you have money, and don’t count on success. I think a reasonable goal for this would be a max of 10k players. Success on Roblox is hard, especially with new games without hype, and it’s hard to get hyped for a racing game.

Keep in mind the audience in Roblox compared to other engines are COMPLETELY different, and you will need to account for server maintenance, as it is not given to you in other platforms.

2.8 million is such a huge amount, i wish you the best of luck

No way… 2.8 Million?! There’s so many things you can buy with that money…!

Did you advertise your game, or did you sponsor it? Do you have any tips that you can provide as to how to grow a successful game? I’m very interested! Great job!!

I feel like $2.8 million is way, way too much to invest into a Roblox game. Most popular Roblox games haven’t even earned that much in a lifetime. I feel like the $2.8 million should be invested into a different game engine such as Unity or Unreal Engine since it is a lot of money (More than what even rich people earn in a lifetime!)

What is so much money being spent on anyways?

If you do choose to go ahead with Roblox though, I do hope the game is on the front page when released and you earn your money back.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be a nine volt battery game? :thinking:
At this point it is so possible. Roblox is really becoming the platform we have all dreamed of. And, unlike the devforum, it is getting better by the minute.

NO WAY! HOW CAN YOU INVEST SO MUCH INTO A ROBLOX GAME!? THAT’S SOMETHING I’D USE TO INVEST IN A REAL BUSINESS LIKE A RESTAURANT OR SOMETHING. Good luck bro

1 Like

Would there be any chance that you could add me on Discord, this is really interesting, and I’d love to have an ‘interview’ of sorts about the entire idea, and business plan for this.

My discord is SurfersSurg#7292, I’d love to have a talk!

1 Like

OP isn’t asking for financial advice from anyone here, especially from unqualified individuals. It’s best if you keep unwanted opinions to yourself. So I’d suggest anyone who’s about to comment this to not do so, it’s not contributive nor is it asked for

2 Likes

How can i work for you ? :sweat_smile:

Well if you earn 2.8 million USD you wont need to work for the rest of your life and even if you abandon the game it will still continue to make some money so its not even considered a job at this point :smile:

2 Likes

if your going to spend $2.8 million, then why don’t you just make a completely new game?

1 Like

He actually used the $ sign, so that should mean dollar…
But maybe it was just like a typo or something

Edit: definitely not a typo!

ROBLOX is evolving, it’s no longer just a place to have fun, but also a place to make a legitimate business. Team Adopt Me makes tens of millions of dollars, almost all invested back into its employees to make the game better.

2 Likes

It does mean dollar, but I have seen people do things like

$1000 robux
robux $1000

etc, etc. Just wanted to clarify

Nope, not a typo. People invest millions in games on the occasion

1 Like

Oh wow! I did not expect that!
Well I hope that one day I will also be able to do such things, and I will work hard to achieve it :slight_smile:
(Also @Infinite_Visions you were right :exploding_head:)