Investing into a revamp of my game

Original showcase photos removed, check “latest update” for latest photos

Latest update:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/investing-into-a-revamp-of-my-game/1208652/158

79 Likes

that looks awesome. can’t wait to see the full game! wish you luck!

Kimathi

3 Likes

wow man thats cool, it kind of seems unfair that you are using $2.8 million and they are using untextured low poly type stuff

7 Likes

Honestly, yeah I agree, but this is early in development, so I’m sure it’ll look 5x when it’s done.

3 Likes

$2.8 Million Robux. . . or USD. . . just curious, for my own personal sanity. Overall though, the game looks great!

4 Likes

It’s primitive shaping that was imported mid way through the development process so props could be placed ahead of time.

cc @policee2

2 Likes

USD, and yea, the budget is a little high, but I think the customers will enjoy it

3 Likes

Neat! Are you planning to revamp the entire car chassis? I really hope you do. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’ll be improved a little, but it’s one of those things you can’t change a ton, or else players get a little annoyed because all their practice goes down the drain. I’ve though about having a toggle setting to let players use legacy handling, and new, but it’d be an unfair advantage for players that use it(in races)

3 Likes

A game can earn that much?:exploding_head:

The customers will most definitely enjoy it.

2 Likes

I just realized that you changed your avatar, and I was like… wait how does he know about that? :joy:

I do understand you though. The chassis was one of the reasons why I left the game. ;(

Yes, this guy makes big bobux. :sunglasses: I wish I can make big bobux. :flushed:

1 Like

Big, BIG bobux. If you DevEx at the current rate, for 3.8 Million USD, he’s made 800,000,000 robux. That is insane. . . @Phoninian, I have a new awe, as well as a new inspirer. Excited to see your new game :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Just out of curiosity, you have developing experience right?

Also it’s a little disappointing (if what you say is true) that those devs do far have made this. Most are untextured and I do not see a distinct style in the building. You should read posts about project management to learn how to make the game a consistent theme with multiple builders/modelers and other good stuff. Also don’t put all of your last games earnings into this new game. Set a reasonable budget so you can have a backup plan if the game flops. Don’t count on success.

Also I looked at your previous games, and I doubt you made 2.8 million dollars from them. Was there any other source of income, because those types of numbers comes from games like Bloxburg.

1 Like

It is possible to earn that much, but not easy, your game has to be as big as Bloxburg if you expect money like that.

1 Like

It is still pretty crazy :sweat_smile: If I can ever get there, I’ll have a full-time career. It’s pretty akin to my dream job

1 Like

The lighting isn’t very good; it’s quite bland. I’d suggest working on that as it might bring out the quality of the builds better.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Those numbers do not only come from games like Bloxburg.

1 Like

As said earlier, all that is imported currently is basic shaping, so we can can place props. In the last 2 weeks, we’ve designed the entire map, done greyboxing, built assets, props, city roads, etc. all using proper workflows

7 Likes

We’re using temporary lighting as a placeholder in the environment design place, so it isn’t really configured very much. This is what any new game would look like this early on, you configure lighting very late in the process usually.

While I won’t disclose the earnings of other developers, you can take a look at numbers provided by Roblox(from the IPO filing) to get a feel for how much games are making. You’ll also need to take into account that proper businesses generally don’t have money just sitting around, it’s usually invested or put into something.

3 Likes