Invisible Assets

Seems like an interesting idea. Now maybe I can hide all of those embarrassing assets I made years ago…

Feedback?

Already exists.

[quote] Already exists.

[/quote]

Doesn’t make the asset invisible. It can still be searched. Plus my friend that suggested it wants to keep it in his inventory.

“sparker22 admin commands”

If you don’t want it to be searched, take it off public domain, then. Albeit an invisibility option might be beneficial, we already have ways of doing this.

if you delete from inventory it doesn’t matter, it will still show up in the develop panel

Doesn’t show up in the toolbox though.

Both deleting, or at least entirely removing an asset from my inventory and hiding assets from the public would be rather useful to me.

Deleting: like Spacek said, the asset still appears in the develop panel, so I have have 4 revisions of the same image (http://i.imgur.com/feDzFi2.png) listed.

Hiding: If I want to hide assets that might reveal an update or I simply don’t want a public gallery of my decals free for the taking I’d like the pages not publicly listed, or even better, hidden pages can only be accessed by the owner. There’s been a couple threads on this issue.

[quote] Both deleting, or at least entirely removing an asset from my inventory and hiding assets from the public would be rather useful to me.

Deleting: like Spacek said, the asset still appears in the develop panel, so I have have 4 revisions of the same image (http://i.imgur.com/feDzFi2.png) listed.

Hiding: If I want to hide assets that might reveal an update or I simply don’t want a public gallery of my decals free for the taking I’d like the pages not publicly listed. There’s been a couple threads on this issue. [/quote]

Hazah you get it. Yeah so basically he is wanting.

1. Keep item in inventory. (Since removing it means you can’t access it in toolbox and things of that nature)
  2. make the item unsearchable (item not being free)
  3. Item being completely invisible from anybody. Only the owner can view the item page and it isn’t listed anywhere.

Right now you can’t have all 3 in harmony.

I’d be nice to remove some of the crappy models I made back before 2010.

I don’t see how you could delete assets (if someone owns your shirt or script, what happens to their copy?).

But I’d love to hide assets entirely. It’s annoying renaming them to “~” or something like that, then deleting them from my inventory.

Plus, my models tab is so cluttered with my old creations :uhhh:

[quote] I don’t see how you could delete assets (if someone owns your shirt or script, what happens to their copy?).

But I’d love to hide assets entirely. It’s annoying renaming them to “~” or something like that, then deleting them from my inventory.

Plus, my models tab is so cluttered with my old creations :uhhh: [/quote]

yup and could also be used to hide development stuff if you want to keep project super secretz and still keep things organized.