Invisible patterns of my Blender model

I’ve made a gun part in Blender that I later tried to edit in Roblox Studio. Everything in Blender seemed alright until I imported it into Roblox Studio. Where I saw that from whatever angle I was looking at the model the spot of the model that I was looking at became invisible, for some reason.

Here’s the video:

robloxapp-20230615-1628001.wmv (958.5 KB)

Can someone tell me please what causes this to happen and how I can solve this?

1 Like

Hey there! This problem generally occurs when the normals get flipped in Blender. You can try these:

First way: Force Studio to show flipped normals. To do that, select your mesh in Studio, go to properties, and turn on the DoubleSided property.

Second way: Flip the normals to their true orientation back. To do that; open Blender, then

Click the button I showed above. From that menu, turn on Face Orientation.

It will somewhat look like this. The red faces won’t show up in Roblox Studio. Now, select those red faces and then press Alt + N and then select Flip.

If all the faces are now blue, you’re good to go! You can now import your new model to Studio!

I hope these ways help you! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

The second option didn’t work for me but the first did! To try the second option I got a soldier helmet and tried to modify it as you specified but the problem was that when I flipped the faces colored with red they turned blue but the back of the face became the opposite color and vice versa if I try to do it with the opposite side of the face. For my case turns out I can not have all the fronts and backs of each face covered in the same color. It would be a pleasure if you could tell me why this is happening. But anyways your response counts as a solution. Thanks!

2 Likes

This can happen when you use flat faces to model. Flat faces only have 1 face. For example, a Plane in blender has only 1 face. And a face in blender has a negative side and a positive side. The positive side is marked blue in blender and can be seen by Studio. The negative side is marked red in blender and cannot be seen by Studio. You can fix this by adding a Solidify modifier to your flat models. Don’t forget to apply it after adding it. This modifier converts your model from this:

To this:

Keep in mind that after this operation, the number of faces doubles!
If you didn’t understand it well, I can elaborate further :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.