Invite-Friend button?

Hello! So I’m currently making a Cafe. I thought about adding an Invite-Friend button and you get like 10 points, that’s equal to 10 Hand-To’s, per invite.
I don’t really know if that would be a good idea, people would most likely just spam-invite their friends because that would be the easiest way to get points, but I think that would make me really get more players. What do you think?
I would say it would almost ruin the game somehow though, because it would not be a Cafe anymore, it would just be spamming invites for ranks, somehow, if you know what I mean (I made it so you can get new ranks with points, Supervisor with 200 points, for example and so on).
I think that could be a great way to “advertise” your game, you wouldn’t even need to spend any robux, it would be like word of mouth, but easier, because they don’t really have to recommend the game, just invite friends and get rewarded, I think.
What do you think about it?

Thank you!

2 Likes

How about instead of rewarding someone for just inviting a friend, make it so they only get rewards when their friend actually joins the game. Or makes some sort of contribution to the game.

This way, you wouldn’t spam invites, but make sure that the people they invite participate.

Another simple way would be to add a cool-down. This way spam won’t be possible at all. Or have a maximum invite amount per day so that players will choose wisely on who to invite.

Many games have this reward-for-inviting system. The only game I know right now off the top of my head is Epic Minigames, but I’m sure there’s more out there.

Word of mouth is a great way to expand a game’s community.

2 Likes

There are a few solutions to this:

You could add a cool down, so people can’t spam the button.
You could do what that other guy said and only reward if the friend joins the game.
you could make it so that you can only get a few points from invites every day

That’s just my suggestions, if you wanna advertise your game then maybe just advertise it on social media.

2 Likes