Inviting players between servers

So I have 2 places and I need to make this things 1)player can join empty server(he will be owner) or join hauses that have connected owner and owner invited them
2)Inviting system, that will invite the players from main place to house
Edit: and Idk how

2 Likes

What you are going to have to do is take advantage of Universes.

Make a template place and then copy it using:

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/function/AssetService/CreatePlaceAsync

Then teleport the player to this place.

Whenever the player invites someone it sends a message back to the main game and then allows the player to teleport to that particular server.

Yes, but my problem is at inviting system

What do you mean? by “Inviting System”

Potentially you can store a players invites in a datastore which is the same across all servers.

This have problems

1. I need to delete the lines when owner disconnect
    2.I need to serialize invited peoples

The only other way I could see this working is for it to be friends only.

So I can’t send 1 use messages

You could use the MessagingService in order to send information between servers.

https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/api-reference/class/MessagingService

1 Like

You can try utilize this service called “Message Service” where you can send a table with values to the whole game universe. This is useful for sending live messages to the game universe. You could possibly create a live invite system by sending out a message with the player to invite, then checking to see if the player is in that server and prompting the invite from there. You would also need the teleport info of the server that you are in to allow the other player to join your specific server. This can also be done by sending the servers JobId through the message service and adding this info to the table.

Here is a DevForum post with more information about the Messaging Service:
MessagingService Release

Here is a useful API Reference on how to teleport the player using the JobID:
TeleportToPlaceInstance

And how can I teleport to new server