IP Deleted Content not Deleting Linked Content

In the past, before Archiving became the mainstay of ridding content on your account, the suggestion was to contact ipcontent_removal_request@roblox as seen in this 2018 DMCA Policy Post.

I had sent in for a bunch of things I had uploaded, however, some of the items seem to still be actively available. A user mention to me how another user grabbed a leaked version of it and is using it.

Here is the original mesh link and here is the connected asset link..

I’m not sure if anything else from the batch is having this consequence as well. It’s hard to tell as they de-link themselves from the mesh & the asset.

6 Likes

This is interesting, it appears to be because the mesh you linked is owned by you. Clients download meshes using that asset, so, to remove it, you’d also remove it for yourself. The reason it wasn’t deleted by staff was likely because its your mesh, and you own it, and deleting it would make it unavailable in your game. Its unfortunate that this is how this works.

1 Like

It’s not a mesh I actually own the rights to. So, I don’t want to use it anyways.
I asked for it to be removed by the ipcontent_removal team, as I believe no one should be using it (however I did this prior to archiving)

Because of this, when it was content deleted, it was also moved over to " Z83GLMgu" account. (Not sure why, but it was.) Because of this, it’s unable to be archived now, as only the Mesh Part was deleted and not the Mesh. (Similar to a decal being deleted, but not the Image / Asset.)

Kind of a weird situation, and who knows, maybe this was more something on the part of the website team. I’m not sure who was really to blame for this issue exactly, but the fact something that should be destroyed shows up in-game, leads me towards reporting it as an engine bug.

Apparently though this was an issue I brought up before, and I guess they didn’t properly address it. :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved? We are having a hard time reproducing this issue.

1 Like

This issue is still occurring and in different ways too. The archive feature has the same issue as the email request where if you archive a decal, there’s still traces of the image on the site under the images category. This is likely the same thing that happened with the mesh, another copy was made somewhere on the site (in this case a mesh was made) and both copies never get deleted. These assets are also not archiveable and not deleteable by emailing the IP content removal team.

1 Like

Alright, when i get any info i will pass it on.

3 Likes